[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, TT overpair + str8draw

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats:
      Shorty: 24/12/1.0 during 18 hands,
      BU: 59/9/1.2 during 22 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($2.21)
      Button ($10.26)
      SB ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($10.77)
      UTG ($6.55)
      MP ($1.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      2 folds, CO bets $0.25, Button calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.05, CO raises to $2.21 (All-In), Button calls $1.96, Hero calls $1.16

Flop: ($6.68) 8, 7, 9 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero bets $4, Button raises to $8, Hero raises to $8.56 (All-In), Button calls $0.05 (All-In)

Preflop: I wanted BU to leave me alone with shorty (I guess TT is enough to go for 22BB all-in?), but he didn't.

Flop: It's pretty much clear that I want to get the money in here and now, so I value bet big and of course go broke. Standart?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Since BU will often times have a very weak hand there with his Calls I guess I'd just ship it vs BU, we also have dead money in the pot.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do, although I expect him to have very often a PP which he called preflop like that and now hit the set, or maybe even bigger hand. That's also why I like to rather ship it preflop to avoid such flops where we get raised and gave him good odds to set-mine or hit with a very strong hand. Or as well we could face a lot of overcards. We might as well sometimes add to his range like TP+draw or even sometimes just draw or whatsoever.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I should definitely have shipped it preflop, now I see it. At that time I was a bit confused by his hero call and decided to probably fold my hand if a lot of overcards come.
      And yep, he was drawing.. with KJo :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, I should definitely have shipped it preflop, now I see it. At that time I was a bit confused by his hero call and decided to probably fold my hand if a lot of overcards come.
      And yep, he was drawing.. with KJo :f_biggrin:
      Yep very likely. You can expect him to have there a very wide range against you can likely easily consider going broke, as you played this way. But yes, rather ship it preflop. :)