This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, TT overpair + str8draw

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats:
      Shorty: 24/12/1.0 during 18 hands,
      BU: 59/9/1.2 during 22 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($2.21)
      Button ($10.26)
      SB ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($10.77)
      UTG ($6.55)
      MP ($1.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      2 folds, CO bets $0.25, Button calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.05, CO raises to $2.21 (All-In), Button calls $1.96, Hero calls $1.16

Flop: ($6.68) 8, 7, 9 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero bets $4, Button raises to $8, Hero raises to $8.56 (All-In), Button calls $0.05 (All-In)

Preflop: I wanted BU to leave me alone with shorty (I guess TT is enough to go for 22BB all-in?), but he didn't.

Flop: It's pretty much clear that I want to get the money in here and now, so I value bet big and of course go broke. Standart?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Since BU will often times have a very weak hand there with his Calls I guess I'd just ship it vs BU, we also have dead money in the pot.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do, although I expect him to have very often a PP which he called preflop like that and now hit the set, or maybe even bigger hand. That's also why I like to rather ship it preflop to avoid such flops where we get raised and gave him good odds to set-mine or hit with a very strong hand. Or as well we could face a lot of overcards. We might as well sometimes add to his range like TP+draw or even sometimes just draw or whatsoever.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I should definitely have shipped it preflop, now I see it. At that time I was a bit confused by his hero call and decided to probably fold my hand if a lot of overcards come.
      And yep, he was drawing.. with KJo :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, I should definitely have shipped it preflop, now I see it. At that time I was a bit confused by his hero call and decided to probably fold my hand if a lot of overcards come.
      And yep, he was drawing.. with KJo :f_biggrin:
      Yep very likely. You can expect him to have there a very wide range against you can likely easily consider going broke, as you played this way. But yes, rather ship it preflop. :)