[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Max value with top set

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain is a regular rock with stats: 11/8/1.7 during ~2,2k hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($7.90)
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10.30)
      Hero (CO) ($27.80)
      Button ($14.12)
      SB ($28.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, Button raises to $1.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 3, 6, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($5.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $25.25 (All-In), Button calls $11.57 (All-In)

Total pot: $28.39 | Rake: $1.89

Results below:
      Button had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
      Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
      Outcome: Button won $26.50

Preflop: 3bet from this type of player could mean just one thing - NUTS. So I'm calling his 3bet with any pocket pair despite being oop.

Flop, turn, river: Yeah, I wanted to stack him off so badly that I messed up completely here. Please correct my mistakes :)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: While being so deep, we can likely consider Calling for set value, although when we were just 100BB, I'd more often would just fold the hand, since I expect to be against a very strong hand.

As played
      Postflop: I'd just Check/Raise it and even get it in. :) Otherwise as played rather just donk the turn to avoid Check behind. Nothing much you can do here differently on river.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      So it's pretty much a cooler? I was going to c/r the turn because I was afraid that c/raising flop would look too strong. But now.. yeah right, c/c flop and c/raising turn looks waaay weaker that c/raising flop, I was genius.. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      So it's pretty much a cooler? I was going to c/r the turn because I was afraid that c/raising flop would look too strong. But now.. yeah right, c/c flop and c/raising turn looks waaay weaker that c/raising flop, I was genius.. :D
      Yep, just a cooler. You can't really do there much. It would have anyways that way, even when we would have got all-in our money on flop. Unless the random card generator would have put another cards with those moves. :f_biggrin:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Nah, it's rigged, definitely rigged :D