[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, QQ overpair + FD

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 50/0/1.7 during 12 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($8.67)
      Hero (BB) ($25.27)
      UTG ($26)
      MP ($13.95)
      CO ($9.06)
      Button ($27.43)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      UTG bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) J, 3, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.95, CO raises to $3.90, Hero raises to $24.42 (All-In), CO calls $4.31 (All-In)

Was my flop cbet size good? I made a pot size bet because of protection from his A or K high flush draws. Was my hand good enough to stack off on the flop like this?
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

In 3bet and not even being vs a full stack and having such a overpair+fd, I'd also get it in there. Nice hand! And betting pot on flop is totally fine.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Thanks! :) He had 33 here. I was actually expecting more to see flush here rather than set because of minraise on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Thanks! :) He had 33 here. I was actually expecting more to see flush here rather than set because of minraise on the flop.
      Then donk play from him overall, he wont play profitable those hands while Calling 3bets vs you. In long run you earn money from those kind of opponents.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, that wasn't too bad, the more players like this - the better :) But a question came to my mind now - lets say I'm a nit that only 3bets with premium hands, and my opponent knows that. Doesn't he have odds to setmine then? Should he still apply Call20 rule or could he apply a smoother rule, lets say Call10?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, that wasn't too bad, the more players like this - the better :) But a question came to my mind now - lets say I'm a nit that only 3bets with premium hands, and my opponent knows that. Doesn't he have odds to setmine then? Should he still apply Call20 rule or could he apply a smoother rule, lets say Call10?
      That's why I usually do the raises bigger for that reason, not to give correct implied odds and of course for the reason that we are OOP. And he is getting there like 14:1 and if he would put you exactly like on that hand. He somewhat is getting proper implied odds.

And Call10 rule might be applied as well for the situation you described. But as well for that you should have really good reads and stats.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I see now, thanks for the answers. Btw, what 3bet size would you suggest? I always hit "raise pot" button when 3betting preflop, maybe 4x + 1x for every caller would be more suitable?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I see now, thanks for the answers. Btw, what 3bet size would you suggest? I always hit "raise pot" button when 3betting preflop, maybe 4x + 1x for every caller would be more suitable?
      Raise pot works as well and according to the opponents you can add on and as well taking account the limpers. For example there are like super loose opponents, then you can even raise bigger, maybe even add 1-2 calls.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      OK, I'll put it into practice now. Btw the opponent in this hand just looks like the one who would like to call a bigger 3bet :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      OK, I'll put it into practice now. Btw the opponent in this hand just looks like the one who would like to call a bigger 3bet :D
      Yes, I am pretty sure he would. Those kind of players are the won against whom I usually pick the higher raise line. :f_biggrin: