[NL20-NL50] NL20 A7s CO

• 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      I would call the turn as well, with vpip 50 SB has a very wide range, he could easily have flushdraw, some straight draws, and you have a decent hand with showdown value, and you are in position.
      Call turn, and if SB bets again, decide on the river, based on the river card, and the size of the bet.
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      I would raise/fold flop, for value and information. If opponent calls flop and bets turn, I would fold.

If calls flop, check turn then check back and evaluate river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer just calling him down
      If he is bluffing you would like him to bluff and he is valuebetting you don´t loose more if yo´d raise flop or turn
      You can make argument raising turn to 6$ to force draws and also then take your free showdown. He shouldn´t also shove there draws so you should be comfortable raise/folding turn
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If he is bluffing you would like him to bluff and he is valuebetting you don´t loose more if yo´d raise flop or turn
      You can make argument raising turn to 6$ to force draws and also then take your free showdown. He shouldn´t also shove there draws so you should be comfortable raise/folding turn
      So you are ready to call three barrels with weak Ace to board with lot of draws? I don't see the point, why to do that? If you raise flop, you get information and raising turn probably gives you information and free showdown. Opponent is not going bluff that often, when he does we are in very bad spot at river most of the time. What if he checks river, would you valuebet river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by partane
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So you are ready to call three barrels with weak Ace to board with lot of draws? I don't see the point, why to do that? If you raise flop, you get information and raising turn probably gives you information and free showdown. Opponent is not going bluff that often, when he does we are in very bad spot at river most of the time. What if he checks river, would you valuebet river?
      So you are ready to call three barrels with weak Ace to board with lot of draws? I don't see the point, why to do that?
      - since he might also 3-barrel that board with air or draws. Calling flop, folding turn seems weak as strong hand as tp and when the draws missed it is just question if he is barrel river with draws/bluffs what 50/10 can easily do.

What if he checks river, would you valuebet river?
      - likely not, since he won´t really c/c river bet with his missed draws and I´d like to see what hands he donked us on the flop and turn

And we don´t always have to call down that spot, if we are sure he is betting out 3-way pot with two pair+ we can easily fold on the flop or then call flop, fold turn, since he isn´t just bluffing enough times. But until we don´t have no reads I think A7s can be good enough times that we can call him down if draws miss.