[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh 77 vs maniac squeezer

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Alright I know this hand was bad :) What would the best way to play this?

BB was there for two orbits and was playing like maniac 67/67 and 33% 3bet
      BU is superfish 52/0

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($55.20)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($31.50)
      SB ($59.20)
      BB ($32.65)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is UTG 7:diamond: 7:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $6.50, Hero calls $5, CO folds, BTN calls $5

Dunno what was the correct play here vs maniac squeezer, thought that I would call him ip

Flop: A:heart: 3:spade: K:heart: ($21.25, 3 players)
      BB bets $7.50, Hero goes all-in $48.70

When I shoved I did not notice that BU was in the hand as well so now that shove is awfull. With one player still to go I should probably fold there?
      What if we are headsup against the maniac, I guess we can shove with lots of fold equity?
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I think the preflop call is not very good, because you still have two players behind you, one of them a huge fish, who can easily call as well, so you neither have absolute position, nor the odds for setmining. You can 4bet here (if you don't mind variance), in order to shut out CO and BTN, and get allin vs the maniac, or just fold, which sounds like a better option to me.

As you played, on the flop i think it's a clear fold, it would be even in headsup, not much you can do here, just wait for a better situation to get the money from BB...
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      fold preflop, BU is a fish and BB is shortstack so you can't call and you can't 4-bet. To 4-bet light, BB can't be shortstack because you have to call if he shoves, and in best scenario you are in coinflip.

If you and BB would play with deepstacks this would be good to call or 4-bet. I like call better because fish probably calls and you can win a huge pot if you flop a set.

Flop? :D

That so sick, fold :f_biggrin:
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Yea probably 4bet would be better since I am sure that 77 is doing pretty good vs this maniac where he probably squeezes with atc

His small bet on flop looked weak and I figured I could represent A :) but yeah this is probably is pure gambling so I am eager to see what judges say
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      shove pf
      BB is often just making the move and 77 is doing fine against his squeezing range
      as played. fold flop. He isn´t going really b/f too many better hands and if he decided to squeeze smt like A4o he isn´t going to b/f that hand