Russian SH shortstacks

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      They are really driving me crazy and i wonder who invented this russian strategy for SH . I make a raise and they push all in. They pick a pocket like 88 , they go directly all in. There is maybe 2 limpers on the pot , they push all in. They are first on SB with A high , they push all in. I mean ffs, learn how to play or go back to the fucking FR tables. I know that i used to play SSS myself but at least i sometimes played post flop too. They pretty much ruin the game.

-Whine mode off.
  • 8 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I just hate them altogether and wish there were tables with min buy-ins of 50 BB.

On PartyPoker microlimits it's just full of them, sometimes 6 per table, killing your winrate with their tight play.
      I know how to play them and when to fold to them, but they're so hard to extract real money from ... kinda boring. You sit down with 100BB but constantly play HU against players with only 30BB ... they slow down my way up the ladder significantly X(
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Yes but shortstacks on FR tables are the ones from PS , so we aren't allowed to bash them in public :tongue:
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You watch me, lol
    • ccookie
      ccookie
      Bronze
      Dosn't seem an optimal strategy, but I have a few theories.

1) It's a sophisticated cooperative play. There is one shortstack to annoy you and put you on tilt, and another fullstack to take your money after. :tongue:

2) They didn't understand English and thought they were playing SnG :tongue:

3) If you are playing much looser than their range say 18/16 but they are 10/10, it might be OK for them to push on your raises often when they are in blinds (out of position I mean). This does not explain why push UTG or SB though.

Finally, don't they leave after doubling up? So you can just call the push - even if your equity is just 30%, you have 70% chance of getting rid of the annoying opponent for a small price of 20% of your stack :tongue:
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Undercover, do you have nicknames?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      ucthewinner is his party nickname.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I meant nicknames of russian SH shortstackers)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      ccookie: haha, your #2 really made me laugh haha ^_^V!