This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MikesCZE (Fulltilt)

• MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hi, I have decided to start my own blog.
      I am 19 years old Magic: the Gathering player from Czech, I play poker for about year and a half now.
      I wasted my 50$ free starting capital (I made 250$ and then lose everything on tilt), then I read something about the game and tilt and stuff, deposited couple bucks.....

As of today, my total profit from sng and mtt according to Sharkscope is +1174$.
      Profit from CG, which I don´t play anymore is -100$.

My biggest shot so far was in this year, on 30th January, there was a "Double guarantees" week on Full Tilt and I played Multi-entry freezeout for 1$ each entry called The Ferguson, ended up in HU and made a split with the other guy which made me 735$.(I cashouted 500$ after that, and leave 380$ as my bankroll)

Before that hot I was grinding 1$ and 2$ sng and mtt, now I moved to 5$ stake and my current bankroll is about 450$ (maybe too safe BM, but I don´t feel to move higher now).. Most of the time I play mtt sit and gos...(like 18max, 45max)
      I don´t use any software when playing.

I have couple things in mind and I need advices from you guys.
      I will start today with one of them:

1. Multitabling
      I have a problem with that. When I am playing 1 or 2 tables it is fine, but when I am trying like 4 tables it is no good...I have a hard time concentrate at all tables and make wrong decisions and ended up losing.
      But of course I want to play more tables succesfully....who wouldn´t.
      What shall I do in order to start multitabling with better results??
  • 7 replies
    • Aceton13
      Aceton13
      Bronze
      every week add one more table, if you profit that tables add one more and so on. after some moths you will handle 24 tables easily !

regards ! :f_biggrin:
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Aceton13: that actually sounds good, I will try it, hope it will help...

I have more time today than I thought I would have, so I can add more stuff.

My goals:

1. start playing poker more seriously

ok so I have made some nice pocket cash but I feel I can do better....

2. Start using software to improve my game

I downloaded software from this site including Elephant and I am now thinking
      to take a break from grinding and learn how to use all those programs.

3. post some controversial hands here

4. Avoid tilt

I have to have more discipline, because from time to time...you know...couple bad beats, and instead of turning off fulltilt I try couple mega hyper super turbo tournaments (luckily I never moved up in the stakes in this tilt period) and of course never ever win a single all-in situation....this doesnt happen a lot now as it did in the past, but sometimes it does and it is a unnecessary waste of couple BI....

I have two non-poker goals ...
      Pass the school-leaving exam("maturita" in czech) and pass the "college-entrance" exam (I dont know how to name this one correctly :-) )
      Those goals are counterproductive with my poker life, because I will have to start studying soon if I want to pass those two.....

----------------------

this is my current sharkscope graph
      [IMG]

since that big shot I mentioned earlier I am doing quite ok and slowly moving up

I want to discuss my BM
      I have 450$ right now and I want to play 5,5$ SnG 18max or 45max , currently I play various types of SnG but I want to settle down to one type and those two seems like the best choice for me....
      with my bankroll I now have 81,81 BI for 5,5$ --> Too much? too few? allright?
      When on smaller stakes, I always played like 30-50BI....

thanks for useful replies...
    • kidpruso
      kidpruso
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'm also from Czech Republic. I will definitely follow your blogs. Keep going.
    • Aceton13
      Aceton13
      Bronze
      Actually i am Czech too ! I think more buy ins means better but 80 seems enough to me
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Good to see some czech players...where are you from guys?? I live in Hlucin (near Ostrava).

Last two days were pretty interesting (and mind blowing..).

I tried Elephant but it does not work.... there is a window with "Stats appear as soon as..........enough hands." That sounded good but stats never appeared.
      I checked settings and stats should appear after 10 hands but they did not...
      Does elephant work in SnG?? Where could be the mistake??

Nevertheless I played like 10-12 SnG , four today and the rest yesterday....no ITM position yesterday....I didn't survive the bubble two times, couple bad beats and two bad plays so I was pretty dissapointed....

as for today it started really bad...my AK lose to QT, then I was quite card-dead in second and third tournament ending up losing a flip both times....

but the fourth tournament was really sick at first.......
      It was 45max... There were 7 of us so it was the bubble phase.....biggest short with 1 BB was sitting out the whole time, but won like 6 times in a row when all-in and then I called a push from UTG with AK (I was at chiplead but there was still that sit out guy), opponent showed JJ and I lost and fell to 6th position,...then I got lucky couple times and ended up winning that tournament and recoup all the lost buy ins.....

I will definitely take a break for next two days...

If someone can help with the Elephant software that would be sweet...;-)

Also, what is your strategy when on the bubble and with one sit out player..???
    • kidpruso
      kidpruso
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikesekCZE
      Good to see some czech players...where are you from guys?? I live in Hlucin (near Ostrava).

Last two days were pretty interesting (and mind blowing..).

I tried Elephant but it does not work.... there is a window with "Stats appear as soon as..........enough hands." That sounded good but stats never appeared.
      I checked settings and stats should appear after 10 hands but they did not...
      Does elephant work in SnG?? Where could be the mistake??

Nevertheless I played like 10-12 SnG , four today and the rest yesterday....no ITM position yesterday....I didn't survive the bubble two times, couple bad beats and two bad plays so I was pretty dissapointed....

as for today it started really bad...my AK lose to QT, then I was quite card-dead in second and third tournament ending up losing a flip both times....

but the fourth tournament was really sick at first.......
      It was 45max... There were 7 of us so it was the bubble phase.....biggest short with 1 BB was sitting out the whole time, but won like 6 times in a row when all-in and then I called a push from UTG with AK (I was at chiplead but there was still that sit out guy), opponent showed JJ and I lost and fell to 6th position,...then I got lucky couple times and ended up winning that tournament and recoup all the lost buy ins.....

I will definitely take a break for next two days...

If someone can help with the Elephant software that would be sweet...;-)

Also, what is your strategy when on the bubble and with one sit out player..???
      I'm from Karvina (also near Ostrava), but I'm studying in Brno.

About Elephant: I don't have any experience with that program, so I can't help you, you should create thread in forum/poker software
    • Kotiss
      Kotiss
      Bronze
      Hi,
      good luck with SNGs. I will certainly follow this blog. :s_cool:
      btw I am also Czech(from Ostrava).