This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA vs ATM

• partane
      partane
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.58)
      BB ($29.10)
      UTG ($31)
      CO ($30)
      Hero ($48.91)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3.60, SB calls $3.45, fold, fold

FLOP ($8.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB calls $5.50

TURN ($19.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($19.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart: J:spade: J:heart:

SB bets $19.65, Hero folds

SB wins $18.72

Opponent was ATM. In river I had a problem, opponents AF was 1.4, so is there any bluffs in his range? Could he bet with a made hand which is beated? I tough checking turn would be good way to control pot, because WTSD was not very high and the stacks were deep.

I asked about this hand from one of our finnish coaches, he thought that turn should be bet/folded, if opponent calls turn and donkbet river then fold. As played call river. He tought it should be called because I have A:heart: and there shouldn't be many flushes in opponents range because he cold called a 3-bet preflop. Range would be polarised something like QQ, JJ, Kx:heart: , QJ, maybe 88. Other hands I would beat?

What you think?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you don´t expect him to c7rai turn with draws you can b/f turn 11$ and then check back that river or if river is back, then I´d likely shove for value or bet/call smt like 15$. You´re ahead just too many times to check it back
      If he seems passive generally then fold river. Don´t see usually players potting river unless they have there flush, trips or better and really hard to imagine he would turn smt like 66 or 89 into bluff