Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.58)
      BB ($29.10)
      UTG ($31)
      CO ($30)
      Hero ($48.91)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3.60, SB calls $3.45, fold, fold

FLOP ($8.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB calls $5.50

TURN ($19.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($19.70) 4:diamond: 8:heart: Q:heart: J:spade: J:heart:

SB bets $19.65, Hero folds

SB wins $18.72

Opponent was ATM. In river I had a problem, opponents AF was 1.4, so is there any bluffs in his range? Could he bet with a made hand which is beated? I tough checking turn would be good way to control pot, because WTSD was not very high and the stacks were deep.

I asked about this hand from one of our finnish coaches, he thought that turn should be bet/folded, if opponent calls turn and donkbet river then fold. As played call river. He tought it should be called because I have A:heart: and there shouldn't be many flushes in opponents range because he cold called a 3-bet preflop. Range would be polarised something like QQ, JJ, Kx:heart: , QJ, maybe 88. Other hands I would beat?

What you think?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      if you don´t expect him to c7rai turn with draws you can b/f turn 11$ and then check back that river or if river is back, then I´d likely shove for value or bet/call smt like 15$. You´re ahead just too many times to check it back
      If he seems passive generally then fold river. Don´t see usually players potting river unless they have there flush, trips or better and really hard to imagine he would turn smt like 66 or 89 into bluff