This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 vs squeeze

• partane
      partane
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30)
      BB ($66.90)
      UTG ($30.61)
      Hero ($44.84)
      BTN ($21.87)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, fold, fold, BB raises to $4.20, fold, Hero calls $3.30

FLOP ($9.45) K:diamond: 4:diamond: 4:spade:

BB bets $5.70, Hero calls $5.70

TURN ($20.85) K:diamond: 4:diamond: 4:spade: 5:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.85) K:diamond: 4:diamond: 4:spade: 5:club: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

BB was very aggressive player, he had 3-bet 3 times my steal, I had always folded. Okay the problem is that I am not preflop raiser, I just call UTG raise, so when UTG raiser folds I can't call, I can't really 4-bet either because our hand really looks what it is. Middlepair which is not very good to 3-bet, but feels good to 4-bet?

So 3-bet agains UTG raiser to avoid squeeze? As played fold?

What you think, If I had QQ and just call UTG raise and 4-bet squeeze agains BB?

As played, how would you play postflop?

Statsit

42/22/35/18
      14/33/67/0
      1.6/100/33/29/62

VPIP/PFR/Steal/3-bet Steal
      3-bet/Fold to 3-bet/Call 3-bet/4-bet
      AF/CB/Fold to CB/WTSD/Hands
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d call ip with 99, since you´re a littlebit deep, you have position and there isn´t really any point 4-betting that spot to 99 and then get all-in

So 3-bet agains UTG raiser to avoid squeeze? As played fold?
      - call is fine, bb isn´t going to squeeze every single time and even if he does you can call with 99 and play pot ip

What you think, If I had QQ and just call UTG raise and 4-bet squeeze agains BB?
      - if you feel BB is going to squeeze and get all-in pf with JJ/TT, then it should be fine play

As played, how would you play postflop?
      - calling flop and then checking down is one option. I´d likely would still bet/fold turn ip to protect my equity against hands that are going to c/f like AQ/AJ. 8-9$ bet should make the work