[NL2-NL10] NL5 squeeze

• KillerFishes

I don't know what the SHC says but I have to say that I don't play by it anymore :) I found this spot very good for squeeze because Button will have very wide range and actually I'm sure he will fold to my 3bet with more than 90% of his range
      What I am not sure about is SB, because he's shortstack but actually not playing shortstack strategy (23 hands and 61/22)..

Good squeeze?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.75, BU folds, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.65) 2, A, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.41, SB calls $1.10(All-In).

Turn: ($4.16) Q (2 players)

River: ($4.16) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.16.
      Results follow:

SB shows a full-house, twos full of queens(2 2).
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens(K Q).

SB wins with a full-house, twos full of queens(2 2).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello KillerFishes,

The problem with the squeeze is that if SB decides to shove, then we have to Call it. But I'd say our hand ain't that strong and at the best we just get a flip. And as well I don't really see much fold equity against him anyways. Although it's definitely doable the squeeze in this spot and ain't wrong. But I guess just folding directly wouldn't be wrong either and avoid such a flippy spot. Even BU might have a pretty strong hand while having such a stealing %. But for example there would be another guy on SB like BU, then such a squeeze is very good in those spots.

Best regards.