merge room?

• 4 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi w34z3l,

sorry for the late response. Xantos has given quite the detailed answer only recently in another thread: Criteria for Affiliate Sites

Check it out, it should answer your question :)

Hadi
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for the response.

Any reason I might get "access is denied" when I try and follow the link.

I'm logged in.

Thanks
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Shame on me - I didn't realize it was in the Diamond forum as the thread creator is Silver now ;)
      Sorry, here it is:
      Hey wasy8,

I'll try to answer your questions!

Originally posted by wasy8
      What is the general criteria for a site to be affiliated with PokerStrategy?
      In general:
      - the room must make sense for players (i.e. relevant traffic etc.)
      - the room must be controlled by a trustworthy legal entity (i.e. not a letter box on Barbados or similar)
      - the room must make commercial sense

Thus, nothing speaks against a Merge skin - but sometimes, negotiations take longer and sometimes they are quicker.

So most probably there will be a Merge partner, but I'm not able to give a time schedule.

Yet PS is affiliated with a site like Cake that is looking shadier by the moment with some questionable software glitches in recent months and now respected card room manager Lee Jones resigning over 'management making strategic decisions with which he is not comfortable'. That sounds pretty damn sketchy to me and I will certainly be keeping my money off Cake as a result.

Cliffs: Why are we keeping sites like Cake and avoiding Merge?
      I think you should never overestimate the words from someone leaving the company if you don't know the full story. There's always multiple sides to such stories.

From our point of view, Cake is a trustworthy company with a long history and there is absolutely no reason to stop our partnership with them.

Best,
      Lutz
      This was earlier this year, so far there is nothing new to report ;)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks a lot