This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA on double paired board

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 16/13/1.5 during 151 hands, call/fold 3bet 25/75.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($16.83)
      SB ($5.28)
      Hero (BB) ($14.40)
      UTG ($10.68)
      MP ($3.32)
      CO ($14.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 4, K, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.45) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($8.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.20 (All-In)

Flop comes really nasty, but I still have to cbet. I don't want to scare out hands like QQ-JJ so I cbet smaller.
      The turn comes even nastier as he folds every hand I bet for value and only KX continues. So I see no point in betting and check. He donks out small, this might be a bluff, because I doubt if he has K - he would have raised flop with KX imho. So I call to see what happens on the river.
      And the river is pretty much clear?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

I guess I'd still bet the flop like $1,40+ or something similar. Otherwise seems to be fine, I am definitely shoving the river as well, we can easily get Called by Kx even 4x. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And if he raises my flop cbet - I guess it's pretty impossible for us to find a call here?
      Btw the opponent appeared to be a bluff master as he folded to the shove :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And if he raises my flop cbet - I guess it's pretty impossible for us to find a call here?
      Btw the opponent appeared to be a bluff master as he folded to the shove :D
      Being a bit deeper and facing such a passive guy, I guess it's kinda close. Sometimes I might even find a fold. It depends a lot on the table dynamics and of course what we see him doing that with. Usually such spots can't really be said like oh it's a fold for that reason. But rather say that if could easily be that we have played against him a lot and raised him a lot and so on. And now he could be tilted and raise there. But usually I don't really think that he would raise there anyways if he has the Kx there rather just call it and try slowplay it. But if we do get raised I guess we can consider like Calling it and then reevaluating on turn.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, a smart opponent wouldn't raise his trips, because if he would then his hand would be pretty much written on his forehead.. Yeah, he could definitely raise here with a big midpair, now I remember some situations when a normal TAG looking guys went broke in very similar situations with hands like QQ.