[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA on double paired board

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 16/13/1.5 during 151 hands, call/fold 3bet 25/75.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($16.83)
      SB ($5.28)
      Hero (BB) ($14.40)
      UTG ($10.68)
      MP ($3.32)
      CO ($14.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      2 folds, CO bets $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 4, K, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.45) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($8.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.20 (All-In)

Flop comes really nasty, but I still have to cbet. I don't want to scare out hands like QQ-JJ so I cbet smaller.
      The turn comes even nastier as he folds every hand I bet for value and only KX continues. So I see no point in betting and check. He donks out small, this might be a bluff, because I doubt if he has K - he would have raised flop with KX imho. So I call to see what happens on the river.
      And the river is pretty much clear?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

I guess I'd still bet the flop like $1,40+ or something similar. Otherwise seems to be fine, I am definitely shoving the river as well, we can easily get Called by Kx even 4x. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And if he raises my flop cbet - I guess it's pretty impossible for us to find a call here?
      Btw the opponent appeared to be a bluff master as he folded to the shove :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And if he raises my flop cbet - I guess it's pretty impossible for us to find a call here?
      Btw the opponent appeared to be a bluff master as he folded to the shove :D
      Being a bit deeper and facing such a passive guy, I guess it's kinda close. Sometimes I might even find a fold. It depends a lot on the table dynamics and of course what we see him doing that with. Usually such spots can't really be said like oh it's a fold for that reason. But rather say that if could easily be that we have played against him a lot and raised him a lot and so on. And now he could be tilted and raise there. But usually I don't really think that he would raise there anyways if he has the Kx there rather just call it and try slowplay it. But if we do get raised I guess we can consider like Calling it and then reevaluating on turn.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, a smart opponent wouldn't raise his trips, because if he would then his hand would be pretty much written on his forehead.. Yeah, he could definitely raise here with a big midpair, now I remember some situations when a normal TAG looking guys went broke in very similar situations with hands like QQ.