[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH QQ MP

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) T, K, 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.39, MP2 raises to $0.78, Hero calls $0.39.

Turn: ($2.13) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.13) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $4.93.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qc Qd).
      MP2 shows high card king(2d 6s).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Qc Qd).

Villain is a super agro fish 100/33/AF 10 /WTS27 in 12 hands but I studied him and I saw that his min raise means almost nothing he did that 2 times before . Was the call on river ok ? I think if he had a K he would have bet the turn also he doesn't know what is pot control .
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

While we don't have the backdoor flushdraw or anything like only GS which might let us continue. I guess I might even consider sometimes folding on flop while not having the best pair. Although with your reads continuing is fine but take also into consideration that you only have 12 hands on him, therefore it ain't that big sample size. Otherwise the river is damn close for the reason that flush arrived and also Kx beats us. When for example the flush wouldn't arrive, I guess I would be more often inclined to Call the river but while it did and he somehow is betting like for value there and as I said we don't have enough sample size on him, I'd fold it.

Best regards.