How am I doing?

• graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      so ive been playing with my startup capital for about 2 months now and I have grown my BR to a massive $85. I don't think this is very good, and I am wondering how everyone else does in a comparable amount of time.
  • 9 replies
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Here's my graph, i've been playing for nearly a month. As you can see from my EV i've gotten quite lucky, though i have made some shockingly bad calls from time to time. I usually play NL25 at FTP.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      your doing much better than I, fractalsonfire. I usually play less than .05 .1.
      just dont have the confidence or bankroll. Keep up the winnings
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by graz187

You shouldn't ever play NL10 with 8,5 buy ins.. you should play NL2 till like $125 then play NL5. especially cause your a beginner and have alot to learn.

Also @fractalsonfire graph is pretty damn terrible (.no offense) he should have won only about $15 which is less then 1bb/100. Since you've been playing only a month i strongly suggest focusing on improving alot. and possibly moving down since NL25 is quite high to beat for a beginner..

but do what you want really. Just my suggestion. It's not like i follow my own advice i give you since i played NL25 with 10 buyins.. that ended up with me losing about 8 of those this sunday in an epic session..
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I lost my starting capital the same day i got it iirc.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Also @fractalsonfire graph is pretty damn terrible (.no offense) he should have won only about $15 which is less then 1bb/100. Since you've been playing only a month i strongly suggest focusing on improving alot. and possibly moving down since NL25 is quite high to beat for a beginner..
      You mean EV line is unquestionable truth? I don't really think it reflects all your luck. Yeah, you can suckout more than usual, but you can keep running into your opponents top range at the same time and it would be unfair to say you're luckbox.
      And the graph is not terrible at all. I've seen so much worse.. i.e. mine :D
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Your right Hahaownedlolz, shouldn't really be playing .05 .1. but I get a little itchy. Also I seem to do much better there than on lower stakes but you are right I should not be playing that high
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

but do what you want really. Just my suggestion. It's not like i follow my own advice i give you since i played NL25 with 10 buyins.. that ended up with me losing about 8 of those this sunday in an epic session..
      I actually agree that my play is rather lacking, im also quite nitty at times but that's cause ive found the players on FTP like to raise aggressively when they have a hand... Which i've found out (painfully and stupidly) multiple times. Also you can see that the EV line mostly follows the winnings... I've gotten REALLY lucky in about 2 hands (once was AQ suited KK shoved flop i called on a flush draw... hit it on the turn. Other time was K8 had a straight i hit my set and paired on the board giving me a full house, won that AI). One unlucky hand was AQo vs AI preflop (i knew he was loose and AQ would be ahead, which i was)... He had a K2s... He got 2 pair... Ah well thats poker.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Your right Hahaownedlolz, shouldn't really be playing .05 .1. but I get a little itchy. Also I seem to do much better there than on lower stakes but you are right I should not be playing that high
      This might be true but dont give in to temptation ive gone bust 3 times now not down to bad play as such but definately down to bad BRM dont take shots until you have 20ish BIs for next level imo you might be able to crush the next limits but all it takes is a couple of suckouts to demolish your roll
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      This might be true but dont give in to temptation ive gone bust 3 times now not down to bad play as such but definately down to bad BRM dont take shots until you have 20ish BIs for next level imo you might be able to crush the next limits but all it takes is a couple of suckouts to demolish your roll
      or just one 23 BI pot in my case :f_mad: :f_p:

I agree with External. It's tempting to move up.. and even if your crushing them it just takes a couple of bad beats for your bankroll to dissapear. Especially if you play high variance game or playstyle..