[NL2-NL10] Nl2- KQo

• LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1.30)
      Hero (SB) ($1.96)
      BB ($1.69)
      UTG ($1.20)
      MP ($2.39)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.08, Button calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32) 3, Q, 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, 1 fold, Button calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.68) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

River: ($1.04) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, Button raises to $0.84 (All-In), Hero calls $0.44

Total pot: $2.72 | Rake: $0.13

Results below:
      Button had J, 3 (full house, threes over nines).
      Hero had K, Q (two pair, Queens and nines).
      Outcome: Button won $2.59

On the flop, i thought i hit it pretty nice. Wouldn't expect a villain to have 3. Qx possible. On the turn, checked for bluff induce. Shoud I raised here or bet myself first? On the river i thought i were ahead against most of his range(loose player). Maybe I needed to fold against his shove here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LuckyDimes,

Preflop: First of all if I even decide to raise it here then I'd do it bigger for the reason that we are OOP and as well have 2 limpers so ~$0,14.
      Postflop: I guess against his stack and that kind of player I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet myself. But as played you can likely even fold the river raise, he will most often have you beat there. Even if you getting hat good odds, only reason to Call there is to see what kind of hand he does have.

And why do you Check/Call the turn and still donk the river? Rather just Bet yourself on all streets. As you said you checked on turn for bluff-induce but do you know the player or just doing that vs unknown?

Best regards.