what you`ll do?

• larweet
      larweet
      Bronze
      I just lost 10$ when playing with neighbours. [4 players]

It went like this:

holdem NL 0.30/0.60
      I am BB and oponent is SB, everyone else folded.

he called 0.30. I raised 2$, he called.

ME: A :spade: :K :heart: Opponent: A :club: Q :spade:

FLOP:

A :diamond: 6 :heart: 2 :heart:

ME: all-in Opponent: called

RIVER:

A :diamond: 6 :heart: 2 :heart: 10 :diamond: Q :club:

He was aggressive player but never had any decent cards and won few big pots by good luck.

So what a hell I did wrong?
  • 9 replies
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      m
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Looks like you got outplayed.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, you should fold on the turn.. or river.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, you should fold on the turn.. or river.
      I like folding on the river, because the queen could have easily given him two pair or a set. But honestly i dont really know why op got involved in the first place.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If you are looking for a sure thing, poker isn't the game for you. In poker, you try to make good decisions. Sometimes the results reward good decisions, and sometimes they don't. If this is too stressful, and you can't focus on playing well, then you might want to play another game.

By the way, your opponent was way behind when the money went in, but that doesn't mean he made a mistake, or that you outplayed him at all. When a strong hand runs into an even stronger hand, that is called a cooler. It's just part of poker. If you keep playing, sometimes your TPTK hand will run into a set, and you will have a 2-7% chance to win. Sometimes you will hit that 2% chance, too.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      My sarcasm detector is going to burst.
    • larweet
      larweet
      Bronze
      So i just fucked up ;/
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      no dude they're making fun of you not because you fuked up but because you are even considering you are the one who fuked up.
      on the flop (when the money went in) you were way ahead, so how would you rather put your money in ? way ahead like you did or way behind like he did?
    • 2brokenjaws
      2brokenjaws
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      no dude they're making fun of you not because you fuked up but because you are even considering you are the one who fuked up.
      on the flop (when the money went in) you were way ahead, so how would you rather put your money in ? way ahead like you did or way behind like he did?

basically; shit happens bro.... chin up and back to the tables.

you lost $10, not much... i'm 22, unemployed and tryin to make a living playing live and online.

get dealt K :club: J :club: in the BB.

6 limpers into me before i raise it to 15 euro.

everyone folds except the SB.

flop: K :spade: J :diamond: Q :spade:

sb checks, i bet pot she calls.

Turn J :spade:

she checks, i bet she, re raises 3x my bet, i ship all in, she snap calls.

river: 6 :spade:

pots well over 750 euro and she shows 9 :spade: 10 :spade:

even though i lost that one i still played it right, mosty of the time she's only going to have made her flush/ nut flush, QJ in her hand or i could be very unlucky and she has KK or QQ in that spot. but mostly my hand is best there and i'll pick up a nice payday but as i said, shit happens just gotta keep on playing... or take up bridge, cribbage or even chess!