Cash Cow £200 Freeroll

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Just took down the £200 Freerol for £46 !!!!!

A little bit of luck, a lot of patience, some excellent reads, some even better flods, and a few superb calls to get to FT and then it was 3 left and looking good.

Next hand we are HU and I have a 2.5 - 1 chiplead.

5 0or 6 hands later and I WIN!!!!!!!!!

Been thinking my tourney skills had gone awry and wasplaying these for practice - looks like the practice pays off eventually lol.
  • 4 replies
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Not too shabby, Fagin. Congratulations :f_love:
      Were you very nervous when the field thinned out and you realized you had a shot?
    • serpico9000
      serpico9000
      Bronze
      congrats:) i also got a 4th place in one night at this freeroll :p
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I started out with a primary goal of making the money and played very tight throughout the first 2 hours. When the bubble burst I was in a FT seat with a bigger than average stack but as the blinds and antes really picked up, (5 min blinds), I suddenly realised I had less than 12bb. I went into shove or fold mode and then about 2 orbits later I somehow got in a 3 way pot with QQ and ended up with a serious stack and back in a FT seat.

My next goal was to make FT and that was mainly a case of not being silly just cause I had some chips. By the time I made FT I had played <30 hands.

I have made quite a few FTs both live and online and generally find that the best course of action is to pick my spots and let the short stakcs knock themselves out. That seemed to work and I took 3 or 4 players out by getting my chips in good.

When we were 3 left I got nervous as I wanted to win!

Next hand I took out the 3rd place player and was HU. Even with a nearly 3-1 chip lead I worried as my opponent was shoving very loose and any 2 cards can lose in a HU game but it was all over in 5-6 hands and the win was in my BR.

Felt great to win one at last and despite it only being £46 I was on a lovely buzz for a good hour afterwards.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Sounds nice. I have to jump onto the freeroll train again, always a lot of fun.

Btw.: You should consider starting a blog in the blog section. You certainly know how to write :)