Multitabling

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      How many tables do you guys usually play? And do you think that multitabling is important to be able to make some more serious cash?

Perhaps a kind of dull question but.. Hey, I like input from others, all the time, and Ive been wondering :) .
  • 17 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      depends on the strategy you use. In my opinion good figures are:
      BSS FR: 8 tables
      BSS SH: 4-6 tables
      SSS: 8+ tables

I play 12+ and my goal is 24, but for that I need 2 24'-26' monitors

The main issue here is comfort level, meaning that you don`t have to increase number of tables, unless you feel comfortable with it...

You don`t have to stick to certain number, just be flexible here... for instance, when I feel a bit tired (not exhausted), I`ll play less tables and vice versa.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      FR : 4, SH : 2 to 4
      Reason : Frikkin' small 15" screen.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Heh, I am 12 tabling on the same 15') finally bying myself 26')
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      I play 12.
      17" widescreen laptop.

EDIT: I'm quite bored with 12, too, but unfortunately I don't have another monitor.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Shit, 15" :O .

You guys play SSS (xylere, mikeymoo)? And what do you play SonicXT? :) .

I only play 1 or 2 tables sh, Im trying to improve my concentration and try to read people better, but I know I could play at least 6 tables of SSS if I wished to do that, probably 3-4 regular fullring tables too but sh is so much more fun imo ;o
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I play BSS, sometimes FR, sometimes SH.
      Probably changing to SH all the way though, maximized profit if you can only fit 4 tables on your screen. I don't like overlapping tables anyway...

I played up to 9 tables on the pc at home though (2400x1600 resolution) for BSS and 16 SSS. But I gave up on SSS fast, still boring...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      fl sh i played up to 8 tables. average was about 6... when i made shots or something i played max 4

at the moment i play 24 tables (sss of course) at stars using a 22" widescreen for the tables and a 19" for the lobby. furthermore i need two ahk scripts called "stars urgent table" and "starsplanner"

btw: the most important thing is that you understand what xylere wrote in his first post :)
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by snowylee
      Shit, 15" :O .

You guys play SSS (xylere, mikeymoo)? And what do you play SonicXT? :) .

Xylere and I both play SSS, yes.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      4, as soon as I reach 100 BI, i'll try 12 again. I play much more mechanical these days, so i'm up for it soon.
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      2 table nl200 SH and normally play a sit n go and an mtt at the same time, so 4 tables all up.

edit: playing BSS, but normally i dont play cash and play 4-6 sit n go's.
    • gustamaneh
      gustamaneh
      Bronze
      where do u guys play?
      playing at 15 or 24?? thats so nice
      party poker only allows 12 =(
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ofc I understand frzl :) , as I said, its just nice to hear other peoples opinions/experiences :) .
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gustamaneh
      where do u guys play?
      playing at 15 or 24?? thats so nice
      party poker only allows 12 =(
      stars of course ^^. god i wish i could have signed up my account through ps.de :(
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Wow. I can't imagine more than 4 tables at once, not only that it is unconvenient for me with 17" monitor, but also I don't get real satisfaction from the game.. It's a bit "geek" style, not meaning to offend someone - this is my opinion.

What I usually do, and definitely do not get bored, is to fit 3 tables and to use the space for the fourth one to play, for instance, a video from pokertube or some other site. When there's no action at the tables, there's sure some on the video, and on the whole, I am quite intrigued.
    • meater
      meater
      Bronze
      it might be proper geek but how much more money do they make
    • gustamaneh
      gustamaneh
      Bronze
      why u say geek?
      i agree when u say we dont get real satisfaction from the game, cause we cant pay ull attetion to the tables, but, ate least for me, playing online poker is much more for the money than for the fun. If i want to have fun playing, i go play with friends for a 10 dollar bi
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Next week we will publish a new article about multi-tabling.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81