MSS - How is it going for you?

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi guys and dolls,

Since MSS was launched live on Monday I am just wondering how you all are finding it? I have played with it for 2 days however I have no sample really just a few hundred hands. I really like it's simplicity both pre and post flop. I have won just under 4BI so far but I don't have a sample as of yet.

What about you? You're thoughts and such?

Gary
  • 49 replies
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Hi, Gary!

I have played MSS the last two days on NL2, 4-6 tables, and I earned 4 BI in just 500 hands. Would have been six if my two pair (AAQQ) on flop hadn't been beat by a straight A-T when K and J came on turn and river :)

Cheers!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Pepsico,

4BI is nice! I'm playing NL5 just to get the feel of the new strategy and I seem to be doing okay. I don't agree with some of the raising chart tbh but it seems pretty solid overall.

As a former ShortStacker who didn't particularly enjoy BSS I'm liking it so far.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Yes, Gary, I also think it's great. I had some SSS experience before, then went to BSS, and I was not successful at either. I hope to really get a hang of MSS and get some good results. I am playing strictly by the charts. Should I say, considering the results, I also like MSS very much so far.
    • SharkySmurf
      SharkySmurf
      Bronze
      What MSS? looked on the strategy section didn't see it? :P
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SharkySmurf
      What MSS? looked on the strategy section didn't see it? :P
      look at SSS section, there you'll find mss articles

BTW. I want to ask - is it unbeatable like SSS? I mean if I play against good MSS'er?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      BTW. I want to ask - is it unbeatable like SSS? I mean if I play against good MSS'er?

As the strategy was only released on Monday it's hard to know. I only have a sample of about 700 hands so there can be little or no judgement made on how successful it can be.

Also I'm playing NL5 so you can't really take much results from this level. I do have a large enough BR for NL10 but I'm trying it out at the moment and don't want to risk too much until I get used to the game. I'm still consulting the charts most of the time and until I can eliminate that I will move up to NL10 and hopefully crush crush crush.

I will say that multi-tabling with this strategy is an absolute must. I played 4 tables in my first session but quickly upped it to 9 last night. Play at whatever level you feel most comfortable but I think most players would manage 4-6 tables easily.

The way I see it, I'm bored if only playing 4 tables, boredom leads to distraction, distraction leads to mistakes and then I wouldn't be implementing the MSS correctly.

Regards,
      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      A little bump .....
    • yo2210
      yo2210
      Bronze
      PLaying it for 3 weeks now with some personals adaptations. Good results in NL5 with +30 Buyins (150e). For the moment only on .fr because i'm french but i'im living in mexico and wish to be able to play on .com soon ! Having some problems to create my account !

Gl men and i multitable around 25-35 tables.
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yo2210
      PLaying it for 3 weeks now with some personals adaptations. Good results in NL5 with +30 Buyins (150e). For the moment only on .fr because i'm french but i'im living in mexico and wish to be able to play on .com soon ! Having some problems to create my account !

Gl men and i multitable around 25-35 tables.
      where do you play ? I play NL5 euro on pokerstars and there are usually 8-12 tables available and its pretty hard to play for a longer while because you have to leave the table when win a decent pot.
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      It's going all right for me so far, although I'm down 2 BIs on NL10 (but I'm 9 BIs under EV ;) ) I'm going to be charting my progress on my blog, in case you're interested.

If anyone is searching for a sweat partner or someone to discuss hands with, I'd be very happy to do that. Let me know :)
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Pretty unsuccessful so far.

Played around 5k hands on NL5 rush, followed the strategy and ended up running at -15bb/100.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Glad i'm self excluded from Rush Poker. It's incredibly tilting imo.

Bout 1k hands done now at NL5, all going to plan thus far. Still up about 4BI but its no where near a sample yet.

I'm also playing without my HUD as this laptop's insurance is up soon and a little accident might happen before it expires.......
    • yo2210
      yo2210
      Bronze
      pyure if i can say you something, play the MSS on FR normal tables not on Rush tables...
    • yo2210
      yo2210
      Bronze
      theguy, why do you only play EURO tables ???
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yeah I'd be more inclined to stick to normal FR rather than Rush tbh but then again its a personal choice!
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Here are my results for today and yesterday (NL2):

approx. 1000hands, +6,5 BI, 25 BB/100
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Just finished up my day. Getting better with the new system not looking at charts half as much! Was about to bookend the day in profit until I made a silly mistake by shoving JJ into slowplayed Rockets.

Other than that Im happy with it overall and after roughly 2k hands im up just over 3.5 BI.

Making newbie mistakes is not helping the cause and even now I can see it affecting my win rate so Im gonna have to cop myself on!!!!!!

Also playing with HUD is proving to be more difficult than I thought so when thats back on track I'll be very happy!!!!!!

Hope MSS treats you well!

Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Anyone got a decent sample of like 5k-10k hands yet?

What would you all consider a very decent sample?
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Nice to hear you're getting on well with it.

For now I'm just staying with my BSS, i find it makes me think more and i'm just getting used to it :)

Good luck with it though x]

Also, hollymichelle but your name is gary? xD