[NL2-NL10] 2NL TT FR - Flop Donk bet

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Hi, my first post in this forum.... ;)

I thought this was a good hand to evaluate, because I often find these pot-sized donk bets confusing. This was my first hand against villain, so I took the safety first option, but he proceeded to make similar Donk PSB on the flop against other players.

He left after 24 hands, playing 54/8/AF=2.8, and lost 2 buy-ins in that short time... :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.97)
      BB ($1.62)
      UTG ($2.10)
      UTG+1 ($2.21)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($1.94)
      Hero ($2.12)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.19) 4:diamond: Q:heart: 9:diamond:

MP2 bets $0.18, Hero folds

MP2 wins $0.19

In retrospect, I think I was too nitty here... do you think calling the flop and maybe the turn is a decent line to take against this opponent?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the play:
      Preflop: Because there is a limper you may even raise it like $0,10.
      Postflop: Nah, I think you made likely a good fold. Just it's too hard to imagine him to have a lot worse, he may easily have the Qx there or something similar, or maybe even stronger. Just make the safe fold and don't try to do the hero-calls.

Best regards.