This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 flush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Wanted your opinion on this one, I really wanted to call, but pretty sure I would have been beat. Maybe should have raised on flop, since that would have maybe got BB to fold, and I would have picked up the dead money too?

The re-raise was just too strong for to call?

Thanks dude

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $1.93
      MP1:
      $1.97
      MP2:
      $2.64
      MP3:
      $4.11
      CO:
      $1.40
      BU (Hero):
      $1.99
      SB:
      $1.54
      BB:
      $2.06

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      CO posts deadblind, CO posts deadblind, 4 folds, CO checks, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 4, A, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.2) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.55, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.4.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

What do you mean by raising flop? We bet into the flop and got 1 call. But overall on turn I'd likely just give it up, I don't ever think like he is going to Bet there anyways with a lot worse and either not that sure if he is even capable of calling.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Oops, I meant bet pre-flop. Would that have made sense?

Also I realised I didn't have a "plan" for betting into the flop. Thinking about it now, I was betting hoping that another club would come up so I could flush, then when it came I realised I would probably be beat really easily.

So all in all bad play really :]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oops, I meant bet pre-flop. Would that have made sense?

Yep, while having position I guess I'd isolate him there. Although it ain't wrong if you just Call as well since he has somewhat smaller stack. Both plays are fine. Myself I would usually raise. :D