[NL2-NL10] how much should I have been betting

• bobiq
      bobiq
      Bronze
      Hi!

Among many things I still don't get right is the amount I should be betting. Can you tell me if the amounts I betted here preflop and later are correct? I was sure I was ahead first on the river. If I betted more maybe I would scare the opponent from checking?

Hero: $4.67

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q (Comment)
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.25, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.97) T, 4, 4 (3 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97, BB folds.

Turn: ($2.91) A (2 players) (Comment)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.91) 6 (2 players) (Comment)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.04, CO calls $1.04.

Final Pot: $4.99

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (9h 9d)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Ks Qs) Hero wins with a flush, king high (Ks Qs)
  • 2 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bobiq,

I have moved your thread to our hand evaluation forum. One of our hand judges will answer to your hand shortly.

The result has been put into a spoiler, as it shouldn't have any influence in your play afterwards. Can you also add the suits in this hand?

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bobiq,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for next hands and till that good luck on tables!

And also please next time put suits as well into the post. :) I mean convert correctly, you somehow pasted the wrong format.

About the play:
      Flop: Without seeing the suits, I'd say just fold to the pot size bet, which seems to be pretty strong.

As played
      River: Seems to be fine as I understand you have the flush, you might even bet like $1,50-2.

Best regards.