$1.18
      CO (Hero):
      $2.20
      BU:
      $3.09
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, J.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) T, 8, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.24) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.84) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.48, BB folds, Hero calls $0.48.

Final Pot: $1.8.

Results follow:

SB shows a full-house, eights full of jacks(8d 8s).
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks(Kh Js).

SB wins with a full-house, eights full of jacks(8d 8s).

I think I should have folded on river because the only hands that makes sense and that I beat is JQs whereas there are more hands beating me (TT, 88, 22).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jockel80,

It's actually trips on the river what you have there not TPTK. And depends a lot on the opponent, if he is rather more such a style who doesn't bet at all and only with made hands then we could consider Calling. Although if we consider him doing such a bet as well even with Tx or so on, I guess the Call ain't that wrong for the given odds if you Called on turn.

Best regards.
    • jockel80
      jockel80
      Bronze
      Hello veriz,

thank you very much for your evaluation!

Originally posted by veriz
      It's actually trips on the river what you have there not TPTK.
      oh yes of course :D , thanks (TPTK only on turn).

And depends a lot on the opponent, if he is rather more such a style who doesn't bet at all and only with made hands then we could consider Calling.
      But shouldn't I rather fold in that case because his bet would indicate a really good hand then?

Although if we consider him doing such a bet as well even with Tx or so on, I guess the Call ain't that wrong for the given odds if you Called on turn.
      I considered Tx rather unlikely because he probably would have bet on flop then.

Best regards
      jockel80
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But shouldn't I rather fold in that case because his bet would indicate a really good hand then?

I guess yes, if you feel like he is rather passive guy then folding should be an option, although this ain't that big mistake anyways, we might face time to time weaker trips there while he is only betting 1/2 pot he is giving us pretty good odds.

I considered Tx rather unlikely because he probably would have bet on flop then.

Could be and yes, I'd also rather consider him having here something like trips+.

And you are welcome! Glad to help you, will be waiting for more hands from you. :)