[NL20-NL50] KK on very ugly bord OOP

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      hello guys this is my first hand posted on PS so if i'm doing someting wrong or my thoughts on the hand are too long please tell me!

Ongame Network $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players - View hand 1196968
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $44.53
      UTG: $81.24
      Hero (UTG+1): $66.35
      UTG+2: $62.50
      MP1: $47.34
      MP2: $38.28
      MP3: $31.88
      CO: $50.00
      BTN: $69.58
      SB: $81.27

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with K :spade: K :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 4 folds, CO calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 9 :heart: T :club: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $7

River: ($25.75) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $13, Hero folds

Villain was playing 13/11 Fold to Cbet:50, Agresion factor 3.2 and WTSD:20 after 1.6K hans
      The flop is very nasty obviously but the Cbet i think should be standard for protection and because i can get value from any J, any flush draw and AQ, probably QK, but since he is playing 13VP$iP i think he has mostly poket pairs and AK, AQ in his range...anyway i make the Cbet and he calls. I'm thinking that he never has a set there and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have two pairs either because he should rise this hands sice there are so many bad cards that can come on the turn like any 8,K,J or club and he would not know anymore if his hand is good or not and even if it is good this cards will kill his action.
      On the turn another nasty card but checking there is pretty weak imo, because it is obviously i'm scared and i can be bluffed by any Q(WHICH might bet for a free showdown), any flush and i don't know if i can check/c there...and if i check and he is drawing to the flush or has AQ i give him free cards+the oportunity to bluff and i just didn't want to give away the initiative(also the bet size i don't know if is ok because is smaller than 2/3 and looks kinda scared imo, so that might make him want to bluff the river with a busted flush draw when i check)
      The river i think is no question about it, i can't value bet anymore and when he bets 1/2 i don't think he is bluffing and there are no cards that he could be bluffing with because all the draws hit and i don't think he is crazy
      enough to thin value bet AQ. And even if the river 5 isn't a club is still a check/fold imo.
      I'm looking forward to your comments about my lines and which would be your lines and why.Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan, welcome to the forum :)
      This is very difficult spot and I think I don´t like your turn bet. Your utg range really hasn´t too many Jx hands, but at the same time he can easily rep Jx or two pair and if he wants then bluffraise turn. So I don´t really like betting turn for value, since it is hard him to call your turn bet with worse hands
      I´d likely check and evaluate consider his bet size, if he is making it close to pot I think you can c/f and if it feels like bluffing bet or valuebet AQ I would c/c and expect to river go a lot of times check/check
      Only reason to bet that river is make him fold two pair, which likely he won´t do, so c/f seems fine, since he isn´t valuebetting that board Qx
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi bogdan, welcome to the community!

great to see you starting to post and evaluate hands :)
      long discusisions are not only allowed but encouraged! nice work.