Poker Stars or FTp

• chat2ash
      chat2ash
      Bronze
      Hello.. my name is Ashish and i am frm India.
      I am currently playin on the cake network and i have a BR of around 500$ ( it was 700+ 3days back :( :( ) ..

Allright.. so i am thinking of making a move to another platform ie either Stars or FTP.. coz cake doesnt have much trafic and its hard to find FR tables there

Stars

Account not tracked to PS
      Heard VIP system is very cool

FTP

Account Tracked to PS
      27% rake back

I do multitabling like 12 - 14 tables 5/10 c. I play like 5 - 6 hours a day sometimes even more.. I am in a doubt which site would be best suited for my type of play in the long run ..
      Looking for some serious advice

Thnx
      Ashish
  • 7 replies
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      definitely ftp, not that big of a difference between the sites but being able to take advantage of all the stuff pokerstrategy offers is a huge plus
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      IF you play NL10 or beyond than stars is a almost a must.
      Check out my post in this thread Microstakes Rake, I took some time off and done calculations for myself.

Hope it will help.
    • chat2ash
      chat2ash
      Bronze
      @ Sinnology . thnx a lot man.. ur calculation makes a lot of sense.. as i was aware of Stars stellar reward system i myself was interested to move to Stars..

neways now i am more confident. i guess i have decided

thnx a lot man
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Glad I could help!
      Good luck
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      isn't FTP's rake lower for micro stakes? and if your playing NL10, unless your going to put in something like 50k+ hands/month, i think 27% rakeback would be a much better option for you.

unless you can constantly make at least Goldstar on stars, i'd say stick to FTP, plus that way u can access more articles and video's with your pokerstraqtegy membership
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      isn't FTP's rake lower for micro stakes? and if your playing NL10, unless your going to put in something like 50k+ hands/month, i think 27% rakeback would be a much better option for you.

unless you can constantly make at least Goldstar on stars, i'd say stick to FTP, plus that way u can access more articles and video's with your pokerstraqtegy membership
      this imo. stellar program sucks. it only adds like 8% rakeback last time i checked.. i think its like around 12% rakeback for bronze.. i could however be completely wrong about both those figures.. but that's what i remember the results were from my calculations like 4 months ago.. I've payed over $200 rake at stars so far and i haven't seen a $1 of rakeback yet since you need to have alot of FPP before its profitable to cash in..
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I ve done some calculations on that link, but you can easily see it for yourself here : http://www.pokertableratings.com/poker-rake-analysis/no-limit-hold%27em