[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KTs BU

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) T, K, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB raises to $1.55, Hero raises to $4.55, BB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.02) 9 (2 players)

River: ($10.02) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.02.

Results follow:

BB shows a straight, ace high(Ah Qh).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks(Th Kh).

BB wins with a straight, ace high(Ah Qh).

Villain is 39/25/AF2/3bet 10/WTS24/62hands ,calling pre is bad I think this is one of my leaks , I can't fold a steal when a blind raise me.Anyway can I fold my hand on flop after his min raise??? He can have there AK,AA maybe QQ or JJ .
  • 2 replies
    • JonikoP
      I think usually you should fold to the 3-bet pre-flop.

It's a bit of a sick spot when you get check/raised on the flop. His range here is weighted towards AK, AQ, JJ, AA and, less likely, KK, TT and QK. I can't seem him c/r QQ here and I think on a board this dangerous, he's more likely to lead out with AA and AK than c/r.

I think a fold is certainly doable but you shouldn't really be calling pre if you'll fold 2 pairs on the flop on a board like this.
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Yeah, just fold it here. :) Ain't worth, we can't even be sure that we can oveplay him postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Not much we can do there, he may as well have even AK, AA or whatsoever. As you Called preflop then this is one of the best flops you could somehow hit, 2pairs.

Best regards.