[NL2-NL10] 10NL FR TT on BU

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      When he check raises I know he made a FH somewhere, either flop or turn. But I thought I kind of had odds if I hit one of my 2 outs there...now looking at it not very good as if I think I only have 2 outs then I need to earn $22...mathematically impossible :(
      Anyway, I think I should have probably given it up on check raise. Might be a little weak, but I am planning to let it go if he bets again, so I suppose it was a silly call there.
      Villain is !!!! 11/1/1 over 280 hands. AF on flop is 0.67, on turn 0.83, on river 2.50. I would then assume that if he got to the river he is mostly beating everybody there. WTSD when bet/raise river 3/5, and W$SD when bet/raise is 3/3.

$0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $10.51
      UTG+1: $9.80
      MP: $3.55
      MP+1: $13.46
      CO: $4.92
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $3.09
      BB: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 8:diamond: 3:spade: 3:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($6.05, 2 players) 7:heart:
      BB bets $2.88, fold

He is never bluffing, is he?

BB wins $5.76

(Children again watching telly after day at the park. My plan was to make them tired by the time we came home...however I think I finished more tired than them! :f_confused: And I do teach them, they love it. We play little games as they still too little to learn the whole thing. The game we have been playing lately -now they know what beats what- is that they have to imagine what cards I could have in my hand that makes something on the flop :D )
  • 3 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I just thought that probably the best play here is just to check turn. I might be giving him a free card that might make his hand, but he won't call anyway unless he has me beat, and then I could still make a call on the river if he donks...The only hand he could make that play that I beat is 99.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Against a villain this passive I am always folding to a raise on the turn. As played I'm also folding on the river.

I think checking the turn is marginal and depends a bit on his fold to c-bet (i.e. how strong his range looks in that spot) and whether you think he can call a turn barrel with a worse hand (probably not).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Of course you are more tired than the kids. :D Not that I remember myself very well from my own childhood but I am pretty sure that I was the same that I liked to run a lot around and play a lot while I even didn't get tired. :f_grin:

About the hand:
      I guess I am still betting the turn for value, there are just still hands from we get value from and shouldn't be that wrong to bet. And as played I'd make the crying fold when he picks such a line, we will just be too often behind.

Best regards.