Getting so fn boring!! FU FULL TILT!!!

• dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      STT's on FTP and my year began like so, up to January 20th.

Then the doomswitch was well and truly sat on by some fat, sweaty bastard FTP worker!!

^^^ That's a 90 buy-in swing and counting! Fairly standard you might say, but we're really only supposed to experience a couple of these over years of time. I seriously have 2-3 a year along with about 5-6 50bi ones too, and yet my overall ROI is perfectly ok, way above the average rakeback reg. Last year I had a 350 buy-in downswing on Pokerstars, I was within an inch of grabbing the noose and finding a rafter!!
      So as soon as this horrible swong started I shifted the majority of my play over to Stars. I come back for one set on FTP every few days just to see how things are going. And every time I do this is what I get...

Fortunatey, although I am a BIG complainer of the Stars RNG, the year has started out ok for me on there. It's nice to have somewhere else to get solace. Usually one site will bail me out when the other has me in massive rig mode. 9 mans for the year over there.

But for now there is no end in sight on Full Tilt. In that last graph I posted of my games today, that featured 3 flopped flushes, 2 turned gutshots and fk knows how many other suckouts from really terrible fish that I need to be capitalising from while they're around. The $24's and $36's are STUFFED with regs and losing to the fish as well as them makes things 100 times worse.
  • 63 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      So you are still above EV overall?
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      For both sites but that's neither here nor there. I'm on a 90 buy-in and rising downswing on Full Tilt in STT's. It's always when you move up stakes. Sigh
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I got a question, I allways wondered how the hell is the ev in sngs calculated and how accurate is it?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      I got a question, I allways wondered how the hell is the ev in sngs calculated and how accurate is it?
      They basically calculate how many chips you would win on average. like in cash games.. and then those amount of chips are related to your buyin.. like in $2 sng.. you could be 500chips above ev. and then your ev line goes down 1/3 of $2 so like $0,$66 since startingstack is 1500. (thats how it works with husng atleast)

EV line tells just half the story.. and that's in cash games.. In sng's especially multitable ones i think it just becomes way too unreliable. I've had the sickest luck a few days ago and it said i run over ev.. yeah im really lucky when some idiot calls pfr with 42 and flop comes 444.. T on the turn and i happen to hold AT. My ev goes up very little while i really got very unlucky.. also another example for hu sng:

You keep losing small pots and are behind 3 to 1 with 750 vs 2250 chips.. you win a coinflip all in.. a while later its reversed and again a coinflip all in and you win it. Now lets say you play $10 hu. now your ev is equal but you still won $20. Now if that happens 8/10 times and the other case around only 2/10 your ev line won't show.. but your actually getting quite lucky.. not cause you win more all ins then you should.. but because you win the ones you need to win..

(HEM said they were going to update it so that is account for your winning chances across all streets and not when it goes in (which is obviously very flawed) i don't think they've done it yet but i hope they do soon. That + an adjustment for sngs then it will be pretty reasonable)

to op.. your making $20-40 a hour.. you run massively above EV often and also under and then complain about it? I really don't see why you have reason to complain.
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze

to op.. your making $20 an hour.. you run massively below EV often and also above about once a decade, and then complain about it? I really understand and sympathise, and agree you have THE most rigged account on Full Tilt.
      Thankyou
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dangermowse

to op.. your making $20 an hour.. you run massively below EV often and also above about once a decade, and then complain about it? I really understand and sympathise, and agree you have THE most rigged account on Full Tilt.
      Thankyou
      lifetime graphs? :D
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      Don't have lifetime red lines no.
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      Since the day I posted this thread:

115 buy-ins and not the tiniest sign of stopping there.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      FT is definitely rigged. stay on stars imo

ps. so ur basically running @ ev overall ? std
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      They both are. I don't know of any reg that gets this shit as often as I do. 100bi once a year minimum, and as least 5 50bi jobs. I got fkn rent to pay!!!
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      They both are. I don't know of any reg that gets this shit as often as I do. 100bi once a year minimum, and as least 5 50bi jobs. I got fkn rent to pay!!!
      I do .... love it :f_biggrin:
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Bronze
      Really don't know what to do anymore. This has gone on for long enough. 7 years I've suffered this bullshit, 7 years since I first opened a Pokerstars account and I've been playing serious volume for about 3, and not ONCE have I featured in the BOP standings despite having a long term 9-man ROI of 9%. This month has so far been the worst month of the year having had my 2nd, 3rd and 4th biggest losing days of the year in one fucking week!!! Today I've bricked 38 from 40 MTT Sng's seeing no less than what must have been at least 40 AX<Ax in a row, I shit you not! I seriously have not won one single flip with 2 over cards and not ONE SINGLE flip with a pair vs even ONE over let alone two. 2 or 3 days ago I bricked FOURTY-THREE 18-mans in a row, to which 18-man crusher "epitomised" responded; "wow, my worst is 28 and I've played ALOT!" Let me tell you that although I've not played probably 1% of epitomised's 18-man volume, my ROI is considerably better. It kills you, it really does. I'm scouring the place for anti-depressants, painkillers, considering going to see a shrink, a gypsy or some calevoyant to see what the fuck is happening to me. I am the unluckiest person I know; and I don't subscribe to all that "negative thoughts breed negative occurances" bullshit, that's all bollocks! Someone or more likely some THING controls what happens to each and every fucking one of us and I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT I'VE DONE FUCKING WRONG TO SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! Ya know, one time a few years ago, and I swear down this is true, it was a lovely summer's day and I wanted to go to the shop. Living in a 1st floor flat I closed the door behind me and noticed a black cloud just coming over the block I was in. Got downstairs and no sooner had ONE FOOT stepped out into the car park than did hard, fast, BELTING rain smash into my head!! I sprinted to the car, fumbled the keys into the lock, dived in to witness the rain literally SWITCH OFF! Nothing, not a fucking spit! Proceeded to drive to my local supermarket, still no more rain. Got out of my car SWITCH ON!! Belted it down the instant my car door closed!! Legged it into the shop, rain stopped and didn't start again for aabout another month. Jesus fucking aitch christ who am I?? What have I done to you?!!?!?!? LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!

What's happening at moy poker tables simply IS NOT POSSIBLE. It really isn't. The only reason I win overall is cos I'm a good player. An average player with my luck would be $20k in debt!

I just don't know what to do. Maybe a gypsy woman can help? Maybe turning down the offer of heather in the street one time really did get me cursed???? I need help, seriously no joke. I need some help. I've spent hundreds mailng top coaches my videos and they rarely find leaks, and never anything that's worth writing home about. But deep down I know I play great, just running bad for so so so so so so long plays tricks on your mind. Whenever I sharkscope anyone now and see one player's ROI much better than another's, all I think to myself is "luckbox". And it's true. SnG's are pretty much solved, give or take, I don't care how many people want to argue with that, they are. It's just there are so many millions of luck variables that one person can run great for, in my opinion, more than 50,000 games. I mean take lexsevsk for example. Pisses over the entire world in terms of 9-man ROI at mid-high stakes to which there is absolutely NO explanation other than.... LUCKBOX!!!!!!! So fucking angry!!!!
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      What a post! :tongue:
    • kashmiruzi
      kashmiruzi
      Silver
      i feel for you man really do
      this is why so many people question the integrity of poker online
      i mean there was a point on stars where i would get the money in good 9/10 times to be sucked out 8/10 times.. it just makes you feel sick. really sick.
      thats why i now play strict bankroll bankroll management. im talkin less than 1% BR for any buyin, even less for heads up. why dont you take a break, do somethign else for a while i.e youtube sum poker action, nbc heads up championship is well worth a watch.
      good luck and hope yu swing it around!
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Have you read any psychological books like Elements of Poker or Zen?

I think it was even reading a Harrington book where it made me realise this doesn't just happen to me, the other guys cant see my cards, poker isn't rigged and as long as there is an inkling in my mind that any of those massively ridiculous statements are true, I can't and won't progress.

Maybe there are leaks you are not seeing, or not even allowing yourself to see?

As long as you get mad at these swings, the worse they'll be and the longer they'll last.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      Damn dude ... that is some messed up post ...

I can relate to the OP ... as someone who's started playing poker with 0$ of personal investment I've seen it all. If u got what it takes u'll get through it. If not who knows what will happen. It's up to u if u want to embrace the possibility of failure. U said u don't believe in positive thinking breeding positive results. That's bad. Because the only way u'll get out of this is by u accepting even worse things happening and thriving on that. Otherwise every time u'll get an upswing u'll be thinking "shiet I wonder when this will end," or something that's along those lines only worse.

I seriously advise u to find something else to make a living from. Something that won't make u feel as shitty as poker seems to be making u feel. If u don't find another "career" I have no faith in ur future. Harsh but that's the kind of reality u've built for urself and that's regardless of the Stars RNG or whoever is pushing the doomswitch anywhere. U need major change in life.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Really don't know what to do anymore. This has gone on for long enough. 7 years I've suffered this bullshit, 7 years since I first opened a Pokerstars account and I've been playing serious volume for about 3, and not ONCE have I featured in the BOP standings despite having a long term 9-man ROI of 9%. This month has so far been the worst month of the year having had my 2nd, 3rd and 4th biggest losing days of the year in one fucking week!!! Today I've bricked 38 from 40 MTT Sng's seeing no less than what must have been at least 40 AX<Ax in a row, I shit you not! I seriously have not won one single flip with 2 over cards and not ONE SINGLE flip with a pair vs even ONE over let alone two. 2 or 3 days ago I bricked FOURTY-THREE 18-mans in a row, to which 18-man crusher "epitomised" responded; "wow, my worst is 28 and I've played ALOT!" Let me tell you that although I've not played probably 1% of epitomised's 18-man volume, my ROI is considerably better. It kills you, it really does. I'm scouring the place for anti-depressants, painkillers, considering going to see a shrink, a gypsy or some calevoyant to see what the fuck is happening to me. I am the unluckiest person I know; and I don't subscribe to all that "negative thoughts breed negative occurances" bullshit, that's all bollocks! Someone or more likely some THING controls what happens to each and every fucking one of us and I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT I'VE DONE FUCKING WRONG TO SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! Ya know, one time a few years ago, and I swear down this is true, it was a lovely summer's day and I wanted to go to the shop. Living in a 1st floor flat I closed the door behind me and noticed a black cloud just coming over the block I was in. Got downstairs and no sooner had ONE FOOT stepped out into the car park than did hard, fast, BELTING rain smash into my head!! I sprinted to the car, fumbled the keys into the lock, dived in to witness the rain literally SWITCH OFF! Nothing, not a fucking spit! Proceeded to drive to my local supermarket, still no more rain. Got out of my car SWITCH ON!! Belted it down the instant my car door closed!! Legged it into the shop, rain stopped and didn't start again for aabout another month. Jesus fucking aitch christ who am I?? What have I done to you?!!?!?!? LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!

What's happening at moy poker tables simply IS NOT POSSIBLE. It really isn't. The only reason I win overall is cos I'm a good player. An average player with my luck would be $20k in debt!

I just don't know what to do. Maybe a gypsy woman can help? Maybe turning down the offer of heather in the street one time really did get me cursed???? I need help, seriously no joke. I need some help. I've spent hundreds mailng top coaches my videos and they rarely find leaks, and never anything that's worth writing home about. But deep down I know I play great, just running bad for so so so so so so long plays tricks on your mind. Whenever I sharkscope anyone now and see one player's ROI much better than another's, all I think to myself is "luckbox". And it's true. SnG's are pretty much solved, give or take, I don't care how many people want to argue with that, they are. It's just there are so many millions of luck variables that one person can run great for, in my opinion, more than 50,000 games. I mean take lexsevsk for example. Pisses over the entire world in terms of 9-man ROI at mid-high stakes to which there is absolutely NO explanation other than.... LUCKBOX!!!!!!! So fucking angry!!!!
      I'm no great poker player, so i won't comment on that.

But you really do believe you're destined to have bad things happening to you, and that really does lead to bad things happening.

Seriously. I don't have a car, I have to walk to my friends house regularly (over 3 miles) and sometimes I've felt the weather gods are out to get me. Sunshine all day, within a minute of stepping out it's chucking it down. Get to my friends, stops.

Bad beat (ok a bit of poker slang)

Sometimes i get all the way, sun is shining constantly and it's a beautiful walk. Upswing.
    • Genkidesuka
      Genkidesuka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dangermowse and yet my overall ROI is perfectly ok, way above the average rakeback reg.
      So wait.

You're making as much money, in the long run, as you'd like to, but short term swings are a problem for you? Even though to run at good roi you need to have some pretty sick upswings to make up for the downswings?

I dun ged it
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      FT is definitely rigged. stay on stars imo

ps. so ur basically running @ ev overall ? std

Are you being serious here? How can FT be rigged?