[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH AKo MP

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.17) A, 6, K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.37) Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.84, Hero calls $0.84.

River: ($3.05) 2 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $6.06, Hero calls $5.72.

Final Pot: $14.83.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(Kd Ac).
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high(Js Tc).

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high(Js Tc).

VIllain is a super aggro fish 67/36/AF5/WTS26/204 hands he donks the flop and turn 100% ,why the ... I played so passive I don't know, to keep the fish in the hand and don't scare him (the most idiot move) .On river I don't really know why I called ,I hoped that he was crazy and shove with Ax or something that I beat . I AM AN IDIOT the donk outplayed me . :) ) I tilted real bad after this hand
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

We are human and human do mistakes. But at least you posted the hand and tried to find out what you did wrong, that's at least good. :)

About the hand:
      Against that kind of opponent I'd just raise it up. As played on turn it's kinda close since he min-bet on flop and now is betting like very strong. It could be that he has here AQ or something similar, sometimes maybe even strong hand. Going for pot control on turn is totally fine. Although on river I guess I'd more often inclined to make the fold there, I just don't see him doing such moves with pure bluffs or just with Ax type of hands. I guess he wouldn't even play this way his 2pairs. Therefore I'd make the crying fold.

Best regards.