Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $13,78
      CO:
      $19,24

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , J:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0,40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) A:heart: , 9:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,6, Hero calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,05) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2,05) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2,05

Should I rather 3bet preflop and fold to 4bet?
  • 4 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Should I rather 3bet preflop and fold to 4bet?

This depends on a few things - how often is CO open raising from that position? What range does he call 3-bets with, how often does he fold to c-bets?

Calling/3-betting is closed based on the information available but calling is fine.
    • valancius
      valancius
      Bronze
      I self 3bet agaisnt 18/17 and fold to 4bet, opponent looks like tag so he will understand that we have a hand. Although calling may seem good but it leaves us with no information and this type off hand will be hard to play oop against opponent who will very often fire bet on flop and maybe even other streets if he gets some piece off it.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I self 3bet agaisnt 18/17 and fold to 4bet, looks like tag so he will understand that we have a hand. Although calling may seem good but it leaves us with no information and this type off hand will be hard to play oop against opponent who will very often fire bet on flop and maybe even other streets if he gets some piece off it.

I misread the hand and thought we were on the BTN. From the big blind I think raising is better than calling.

However, I don't think we should ever raise primarily for information (although getting information is a result of the raise). We should raise primarily (a) for value (because we think we will get called by worse hands), or (b) as a bluff (because we think worse hands will fold).

opponent ... will understand that we have a hand

IMHO this is thinking about poker it in the wrong way - we don't want the CO to know what we have.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Preflop: Against such a stealing range you can easily even 3bet it here.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine. He is CBetting anyways his whole range.

Best regards.