[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH TT BB

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.13, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.02) 6, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.62) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.70, Hero raises to $4.26, BU calls $2.16(All-In).

River: ($10.74) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.74.

Results follow:

BU shows a pair of sixs(As Js).
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and sixs(Tc Th).

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and sixs(Tc Th).

Villain is 24/22/AF2/Steal 47/WTS20/55hands , I 3 betted pre because I thought I was better than his range and I didn't want to play OOP without initiative, on flop i made the standard CBET and on TURN I tried to get in the way ahead way behind mode and checked ,his agressive bet seemed strange to me and I decided to shove ( I put him on 77,88,99 even JJ or some overs ) Now I see that I could also be dead there, in his range 33,55 fits perfect.Anyway would have been better to bet/call shove on turn ????
  • 2 replies
    • Donkey111
      Not sure about the 3-bet with TT Pre so I won't comment. But yes, bet/call on the turn. There is no overcard so you have no reason to slow down in a 3-bet pot.
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Against that kind of opponent who is stealing that much I like the 3bet.
      Postflop: I guess I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet myself there unless I see him trying to float and then bet the turn. For the reason that we somehow want to protect from any kind of overcards and with Check/call we wont really find out where we stand. But as played yes, likely Check/Raise should work vs him as we 3bet preflop.

Best regards.