Stopping poker

• wiselogo7
      wiselogo7
      Bronze
      Hello friends,
      I am playing poker for three months and I have lost my initial money. I tried all the things. I read the articles more than I played. Focussed more on the strategy. Still I am having no success. Should I quit poker or does it take more than 3 months to learn to play it?

thanks.
  • 9 replies
    • FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      Dont give up unless you actually dont like playing otherwise keep grinding play freerolls use the freeroll strategy on this forum and you can only get better m8, give yourself atleast 12 months then see how your getting on and if still by then you still feel lost in the game jog on :D
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      If you like poker and you realize that you need to study and learn then I can only suggest not giving up.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I can't really advise on whether you should play on or not, it's entirely up to you after all; however, I would say I've been at poker for 4 years now and I certainly can't play properly yet, even though I profit well from it.
    • wiselogo7
      wiselogo7
      Bronze
      thanks for the suggestion guys...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      there's a saying that goes

"Poker takes a day to learn, but a lifetime to master"

And it's pretty true.. i've been struggling to make a profit for nearly 2 years. During which i played about 150k hands. But i never put in much though about why something is good or when it's profitable or against which players it's good to do it against.

While i've probably quit poker for more then a year. and even when i did play i didn't play much volume. It was only when i really started putting in more effort into poker in last half year or so that i really noticed i was getting alot better while i played very little volume i learned more in those 2-3k hands then i did in like 100k+. Even though those 100k definetly weren't a waste of time and i still improved quite alot during that time..
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I tried all the things.

No, you didn't :) I see from your forum post count that you rarely discuss. You should discuss your hands more in forums. Unless you discuss in some other forum. Discussing hands really helps to understand the game, I talk from my experience.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, poker takes a little bit longer than 3 months to learn...
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Well yes, poker takes a little bit longer than 3 months to learn...
      if you study a lot in the first month, I think you can beat at least NL2 already. The problem is for many beginners that they think that they know enough, play and stop studying, and then don't understand why their bankroll has gone :)

But, yeah, in 3 months you won't be beating NL100
    • VBZg
      VBZg
      Gold
      Dont quit if you love it. I grind for last 6 months (more than 2 year i started) on sngs 9 man, and this month i finaly see result, just do what you do (study, read, evaluate, use forums), but dont quit, variance is what i recognised the only nasty thing in poker.