from bronze to black status in a year

• DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      hey everybody
      thought i would start a blog to push myself to play as hard as i can this year. The goal is to go from bronze to black member status by the end of this year.

Just started playing here on the 15th of february a few days after i found this great forum with its incredible private rake races and starting grinding the betfair 15 day sit and go race and the pokerstrategy ongame race wish id seen it at the start of the month so then i could have made a proper go at doing well in the race.

i mainly play don sit and gos only the ten handed ones iv never tried the 6 handed ones as i think the varinace in them would be sick lol. My prefered gameis cash but i dont play online as i like playing super deep with donks and these opportunities dont comealong often online so i just play my cash live. I started playing don on pokerstars and was planning on going for sne this year before they decided to my utter dissapointment to remove them and introdice the new fifty50 games which i beleive with there higher rake and lower edge for tight players, i would not like many other don regs be able to beat them.

So the goal has changed to moving around networks playing in whatver race seems like it would get me the best overall rakeback for that month and play all my poker through pokerstrategy. ON a side note to any new member i rould really recemend this sites articles and vidoes as iv watched quite a few and i think they are of a reallyhigh quality.

so wish me look everyone by the end of the year i hope that you will see black memeber status by my name.

by the way anyone wana share hands with me on ongame dons preferably turbos it would be great to discuss them

some background info:
      Im from UK. Been playing poker for 5 years full time for 18 months started playing at university and made enough playing a few days a week to pay for beer and that lol and started taking more seriously towards the end of studying. Been playing dons for years used to play on will hill when it was part of the old cryptologic network then moved to stars playing 20s 30s 50s and im currently playing the 20s and 50s on ongame. With regards to BRM iv never played with less than 200 buy ins for a level as with no job if i go broke its game over. But fortunately now im in a postion where i have made enough to not have to worry about BRM for the stakes i play which takes a lot of stress and pressure of me.
  • 38 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Good luck, i should get there by end 2011 too. See u at bm party then!! :f_biggrin:
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Wow BM status in a year! Good luck with that,
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      i want more background info :f_cool:

How long you been playing poker for before you found pokerstrategy?

How long have you been beating DONs for?

how long it take you to reach the stakes your at now?

What kinda BRM you use?

Cheers and good luck getting BM
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      At what buy in are you atm? I'm also grinding DoN's and im beating them easily. also, how's traffic on ongame? can you 10 - 15 table all the time ?
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      hey mate i play normally 50s but sometimes i will drop down or up depending on how many regs are massing the tables. Ongame traffic is strange depends what stakes you play there are lots of 5 and 10s and 20s easily 15 of each running between midday and midnight GMT and a decent enough amount of 50s for 9 tabling. What stakes you play?
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Just stopping by to say ...
      Hi there :)
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      can u tell us how many hrs u play per day and how many tables ?also show us some graphs ! and finally where are u from ?

gl with your goals :)
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      hey man at the end of this month when im finished in the betfair sit and go race i will post my results for the month and how many points i got :) i will also try and post a few graphs though the course of this blog. Just ordered my diamond t shirt yay.
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      i usually play around 40hr a week with 2 days off. Tha be amount of tables i play really depends on the network. For example i can easily 35 table stars 50 dollar dons with stacking and table ninja. However at the moment im on ongame and the software is so bad as it is only designed for upto 6 tables and i got no technology to help so im just 12-15 tabling there and this is a real struggle it crashes all the time and there is sick lag lol but its got be done. In a fight for 3rd 4th 5th in a sit and go race on betfair 3 day left so wish me luck :) not really bothered about the pokerstrategy race this month as i started 2 weeks into the month so at best ill be getting the 500 dollar prize from that :(

on track for well over 100% rb though with all the races and bonuses so id be happy with 4th for 1850 on the race
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Diamodn T-Shirt is pretty good actuall,y u also get fer "stufff" w that :D and one fo those sutff is uber-strange cause I doubt it is usefull for anything and I ahve no idea what to do with it :D
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      bad software tilts me really
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      wanna bet that u don't make BM in a year?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hello! Good luck !

Btw ... what's that black status? You mean SNE?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      Hello! Good luck !

Btw ... what's that black status? You mean SNE?
      Nah black member on here 500,000 strategy points or whatever it is. some task will be interesting to see
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      hey lastnail
      the thing is with your suggestion of a bet makes no sense for me as there are so many variables here invloved that are beyond my control. Such as bwin merging with party which may affect the ongame traffic, whether betfair keep having appealing promotions and rake races, whether the private pokerstrategy races comtinue on sites i wana play etc.
      But i am confident i can do it my average rake for the months june to january was 16500 dollar which if i repeat here i easily reach BM
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wow man you are sick grinder =) keep us updated!
    • pavel2005ro
      pavel2005ro
      Bronze
      ..go go go DONgreat

Good luck !

You can do it !

I earned 45k strategy points in my first 3 weeks at pokerstrategy

Maybe we can compete for the black status :)
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      A bit of a delay but i got a update on my first 2 weeks (up until the end of febraury) on pokerstrategy:
      played on betfair for 14 days in the sit and go race here my reults:

4th in sit and go race betfair $1850
      5-10th on ongame race here $1000 (A guess accorind to ptratings and sharkscope) (pretty good for giving them a 2 week start)
      1300$ from vip system
      1500$ of fdp cleared
      150$ from the big monhly race on betfair (only played last 4 of 20 days of it)

so made 5800$ in 2 weeks
      BUT lost 800 dollars playing lol due tobad play geting used to new structured game (3 minute blind level bingo dons) and tiredness

but still 5k profit in 2 weeks here is pretty good

was planning on grinding hard all month but a couple of days ago had row with gfreind and moved out of the house to give each other some space so not in the right frame of mind to grid atm just feel super depressed :(

did give the 12million sunday million a go though but didnt run deep got a nice set up :(
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      gave myself a kick up the backside today and started planning my play for the month :)