[NL2-NL10] NL 10 ||| 4-way all-in preflop

• Incog
      Incog
      Bronze
      Hey Guys!

As u can c at the topic of my thread, I want to discuss a hand that trouble me for some time now.

Since I don't know how to use any HH Converter, but that probably because I not very activ in pokerstrategy at all, I have to describe the scene a little bit.

I was holding JJ in MD (normal 4 BB-raise), in late position a SSS-Player goes all-in (19 BBs) and the one on the Button immediatly calls (another SSS player with ca. 19 BBs). The Big Blind, a very loose calling station, had only 12 BBs left and figuerd its his time. There we are.

I got JJs; the pot is about 54 BBs big, and I have to call 15 BBs to get involved. Normally I would fold JJs agianst a reraise from a player in Position, but I thought I get alot pot odds. I called! Was that the right decision ???

btw: I knew one of the SSS-Player, and I figured he had KKs or AAs. At the moment I called I knew I was behind.

opinions ?
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would fold. The first SSS player could hold JJ+, AK, but the other SSS player hand range is QQ+. Big blind just gives you some better odds. If you are certain 100% that someone holds QQ, KK, AA, then you should fold.

Don't have program with me, so I can't calculate if you get the right pot odds to call
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      15:54 = 1:3.6

You need 22% to win to make calling profitable.

You get this: 19.36, against just the aces or kings, so let alone if there are two more hands involved. Fold.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Have a look at the strategy section. There is an article there about playing against a SSS. I think it is very interesting for a situation like this.
      Btw try this converter http://www.talkingpoker.com, if you are not playng party poker where you can use Texas Grab´em
    • Incog
      Incog
      Bronze
      ty at all above :) ... /topic can be closed/deleted
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Helemaalniks

Please advise where you get the 22% from. I am so bad with these odds/outs calculations

Thanks
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      15 to call for 54. pot odds are 15:54. 54:15=3.6. Pot odds are 1:3.6

100 - (3.6(pot)/4.6(pot+your call)) = 22, and that's the "% to win" you need to call in this pot on these pot odds.

Now a formula:

c: amount you pay to make the call
      p: pot as it was before you called
      p1: pot as it is after you called
      %N: chance to win you need to justify the call

pot odds = c:p

100 - p/p1 = %N
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      It's a simple math problem: just put in your opponents ranges into Pokerstove and check if the pot odds are sufficient. In case of a very close decision, I'd prefer the fold as it has less variance.