!! WORST CUSTOMER/FRAUD SERVICE !! I will be scared if I had a bankroll on this site...

• Harooon
      Harooon
      Bronze
      Well I started to play on WH because poker strategy gave me 50$ as a second starting capital bonus, so I was grinding to reach 50$ raked and gamble it on a MTT!

BUt WH super heroes fraud/customer support came and did the most ridiculous thing I have seen so far in my 5 years of online poker experience.

Here is the story:

I receive this from WH support

> -----Original Message----- > From: William Hill Poker Customer Services [mailto:pokersupport@willhill.com] > Sent: 24 January 2011 08:43 > To: ######### > Subject: RE: Message from William Hill Poker - Ticket Number: #1613841 > > Hi Harouna, > > This is Liza from the Customer Services Team. > > Your account has been involved in irregular betting patterns at the poker tables when playing with the following players: > > jjjodie > haisensmoney > FortisFortuPS > cliffeczek > GooSmiK > Foldenn > bluman1 > JerryBar783783 > PinkGirl88 > Hang0ver88 > quadAAPF > donk4donk > Gybby85 > ekatzhy > jamiroquai00 > AcesToBlame > donk4donk > Tomytukas > kleinenberg9 > Komponello > Nikola1512 > kissumissu > krujkavina > > Please reply with any explanation you may have for these hands, and we must also ask you for your relationship, if any, to the above player. > > You are required to supply ID and proof of address. > > We view this kind of activity as possible money laundering, identity theft or moving of fraudulent funds, and any account found to be collusive is suspended pending a full investigation, with no cash outs authorized until deposits have been verified. This process can take some time. > > At present we are checking accounts & deposits for any fraudulent activity. We must warn you that a failure or inability to supply these details may result in your account being permanently closed with funds being used to offset any fraudulent deposits made by your opponents. > > Your poker account will remain suspended until a reply is forthcoming.

SO I was like ?( WTF

I replied this with the ID paper they wanted....
      > From: [INVALID EMAIL] > To: pokersupport@willhill.com > Subject: RE: Message from William Hill Poker - Ticket Number: #1613841 > Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:08:58 +0000 > > Hi Lisa, > > I don't know any of those players and the only reason why I am playing on William hill is because PokerStrategy gave me free $50 to play on the site. > > Can you please unblock my account? I don't know on what is based your fraud check but I am don't know any player on this site and I am only playing there because of the free bankroll from pokerstrategy.com > > > > Thanks, > Harouna

So, I also send numerous emails asking about the actual HANDS as I was curious about how I was acting 'suspicious', I must have played reallly BAD or really WELL...

And I receive this:

Hi Harouna, This is Joanna from the Customer Services Team. Please be advised that your poker account has been closed and will not be re-opened and any remaining funds have been confiscated. Any other accounts found to be held by you on the iPoker network will also be closed when identified. You will be unable to open any future poker accounts on the iPoker network. Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter. Best Regards, Joanna Customer Services William Hill Online

?(
      sick

So I tried a 'justice' bluff to make them talk:

Hi, Is this a joke or something? You are closing my account without telling why, when I ask you about the hands that you find 'suspicious' you don't even reply!!! This is not going to work like that! I want my account reopened and my funds back in it, I know I did nothing wrong and you are not even able to tell me what I did wrong! If I have no reply to this email, I will engage justice on this case. This is not acceptable at all!!! Harouna

Unfortunately, my bluff doesn't work and they keep replying the same BULLSHIT:
      Hi Harouna, This is Louis from the Customer Services Team. Your account has been reviewed and our security department has decided to close your account. You can email us again if you have any more questions regarding this matter. Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Louis Customer Services William Hill Online

Then I went bersek and entered CAPS LOCK MODE...
      YES I WANT THE ACTUAL REASONS WHY MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CLOSE AN ACCOUNT JUST LIKE THIS! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND CAN PROVE IT SO STOP SENDING ME MEANLESS EMAILS AND PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DECIDED THAT MY ACCOUNT SHOULD BE CLOSED. THIS IS A BIG JOKE YOU ARE STEALING MY MONEY AND I WONT LET THIS HAPPEN. I HAVE ALL MY HAND HISTORIES SO SORT THIS OUT OR I WILL TALK TO HIGHER AUTHORITIES. THANKS Harouna

And funny response from them: (I never sent a driving license...)
      Hi Harouna, This is Sean from the Customer Services Team. We would like to inform you that we have received the copy of your Driving License. Your account has been updated and you will be contacted via email with further notifications. Your cooperation has been greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day. Regards, Sean Customer Services Team

So I repond with a lot of angryness and they reply with a page full of their terms and conditions, I was serioulsy tilted at that point but I figured tilt was not the answer so I tried to get back to my A-game and sent this:
      Hello, I can see all your terms and conditions bit I still cannot see why I am being implicated. I opened one account and one only on William hill, if you have any proof of me having several accounts show them to me. The bonus I am trying to clear comes from pokerstrategy.com and THEY gave me 50$ dollar otherwise I would have kept playing on my regular sites. So I am asking you AGAIN to show me the proofs thar make you say that I am doing anything fraudulent and not copy and pasting your terms and conditions I can read them myself on your site. This situation is starting to REALLY bother me l, so please let me show me the proof or the suspicious hands/accounts so I can clear my name and move on. Thanks Harouna

But they still reply with their usual emptyness:
      Hi Harouna, Good day to you. In ongoing efforts to ensure the highest levels of security for all our customers regarding the legitimate use of our site and compliance with the Terms and Conditions, we have made the decision to close your account. This action has been taken due to evidence that the General Terms and Conditions applicable to all bonuses have been breached. We regret to inform you that your account will remain suspended and no refund is due to your account as per Management's decision. We hope this explains our position on this matter. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. With regards, Sheila Customer Services William Hill Online

So I went on tilt mode again and sent:
      So WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE SUSPICIOUS ??? CAN YOU TELL ME THAT? or you did a mistake and can't fix it, so you Just try to get rid of me by These emails????? I WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL INFO THAT MADE YOU CLOSE MY ACCOUNT !!!

And after a couple of weeks, and a couple of angry emails asking for updates, I receive this:
      Dear Harouna, Thank you for your email. We have looked at your query and we regret to inform that your account will remain closed as per decision of the management. We cannot provide further information concerning other accounts due to the Data Protection Act. The decision to close your account was due to the activity which they have observed. Whilst we do take such steps extremely seriously, this decision has been taken in line with our account terms and conditions which you accepted at the point of registration. With regards, Jay Customer Services William Hill Online

So at that point, I decided to quit and move back on my regular sites, not tracked by PS :( as this had make me loose time/money and increased my tilt level to a level I had never experienced before.

Do you know if it legal to highjack people's BR like that?
      I know WH doesn't need my money but WTF?
      It looks like they cannot go back with the mistake they did, so they reply with empty emails....
  • 21 replies
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that. I hope you good luck at others poker rooms such as PokerStars, FullTilt.......

Cheers
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      If this is a genuine description of events it sounds disgraceful. However, in my experience, there is often a bit more to it.

Do you know if it legal to highjack people's BR like that?

This really depends - if you're (a) in breach of the Ts & Cs (b) the terms and conditions give them the right to do so, and (c) the Ts & Cs are enforceable and not legally "unfair" terms of a consumer contract - then yes.

For the sake of a (free) $50 it is really not worth you time or effort to do any more than send a few emails to support.

Then I went bersek and entered CAPS LOCK MODE...

LOL - I love this quote.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      I have heard this same thing a few times now, it looks obvious to me that ipoker are screwing players out of the $50 BR

It has nothing to do with the data protection act, I would ask them for specific hands, I assume you save your hand historys to your computer, then re-play the hands they quote using poker tracker or holdem manager to see if there is anything dodgy going on

I assume they are saying you either dumped chips or had pokerstrategy players dump chips to you

I have just checked a couple of the player names and I have played hands against them, my account is fine atm though

It should be obvious that with the number of pokerstrategy players on william hill we will end up getting into hands against eachother

I would expect pokerstrategy to act upon the behalf of all the players involved but looks like they just say you have to deal with william hill directly
    • Harooon
      Harooon
      Bronze
      @JHTAN: Yes, I play on many other sites and never had a problem

@JonikoP: It is 100% genuine, I never played on WH before, the only reason I played there is the free 50$.
      So I sat at 3 nl10€ tables (there is a bankroll protection thing set by Ps and Wh so you don't waste your BR) and just played to reach 50$ raked.

I play on NL100 at the moment, on other sites, so this was only to unlock the 50$ and play a (free) 50$+ buy in MTT (I also planned on winning money at this limit), so I obvioulsy play very loose and was winning.

I haven't breached anything, as I was just playing poker...

The fact that they didn't give me any info about what I did wrong drove me crazy.

I don't mind them being cautious, but there is a difference between cautiousness and dictatorship...

Basically, they say I am wrong, they don't want to tell me why and that's it, WTF? seriously?
      I can't even imagine if I was a regular there and they confiscated my BR!
    • Harooon
      Harooon
      Bronze
      @ KingKarlito
      The problem is they don't want to show me the suspicious hands!

I have PT3, I will have a look if I saved these HH and will post.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Harooon - this does sound genuine and that you've been really badly treated. Hope you get it sorted.

A useful warning for anyone thinking about joining WH...
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      And by the way, legally, the Data Protection Act would not prevent them providing you with hand histories for hands that you played.

In fact, Full Tilt will provide you with your hand histories at any time if you request them.
    • efodmantas
      efodmantas
      Bronze
      Same thing happened for me i waited for a month thinking that they will do their "investigation" and they will unlock my account because i knew i haven`t done anything illegal. But no , after 1month of silence they tell me that my account is locked forever and funds are taken with no evidence or anything.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      It’s my opinion after doing a bit of research ipoker is not a good place to be playing at the moment

Last year they closed some of the skins on ipoker because the players belonging to that skin were making too much money and cashing out some of their profits, which reduces the total money pool that they get their rake from

Titan poker were also made to close a number of their players accounts because they had too many wining players belonging to their skin

Confiscating these funds could be a way of William Hill ensuring they have a player pool of only losing players or maybe paying the large bill they have to pay ipoker to have a skin on their site???
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      I would really like to read a reply from pokerstrategy on this, because it sounds like you got a really raw deal that defeats the purpose of the second $50 capital, and harms pokerstrategy as much as it does you. Personally I know I wouldnt be playing successful online poker now if it wasnt for the second capital they gave me, and I to started on an i-poker skin.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      iPoker is making them look really bad by doing this..

Its quite sad that basicly any poker site can take your money and close your account whenever they decide to, they can always come up with some "safety reasons" and its hard to fight back as you accepted their Terms.

I think you are most safe at FT and Stars.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      William Hill also removed my $50 starting capital. They didn't even bother informing me or explaining why they did it. There's also a similar thread about this on 2+2 right now.

The worst part about this whole thing is the deafening silence from PokerStrategy itself. I do keep getting tons of, "Please deposit money on William Hill" emails though!

This same company already ran CD Poker into the ground. Sounds like WH is going the same direction.

I personally still feel very safe on the iPoker network though. Titan has been great to me and continues to be great.
    • MissLT
      MissLT
      Bronze
      thanks god, i was thinking to desposit my full bankroll to this site to get welcome bonus and clear't, But when this things happens, i never ever deposit in this site :) ))
    • nivusic
      nivusic
      Bronze
      I think someone from PS should at least say something about this thread.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      how do you get 2nd starting capital? I want it too :f_cry:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MissLT
      thanks god, i was thinking to desposit my full bankroll to this site to get welcome bonus and clear't, But when this things happens, i never ever deposit in this site :) ))
      Either Stars or Full Tilt most certainly is a better deal for you if you are clearing platinum level here.
    • Bakchiadai
      Bakchiadai
      Bronze
      WH is a joke of a site, i 2nd stars and FTP!
    • GoofballRD
      GoofballRD
      Bronze
      There does seem to be a need for a higher body to investigate players problems . It cant be correct to not give detailed reasons ....before confiscating a players funds .
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Harooon,

I am very sorry for the late reply on this thread.

Please don't be afraid to use our email accounts to flag these kinda issues earlier if you don't see any response from us.

I am going to look into your case and escalate the matter to William Hill and try to find out more for you.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Ingrid