• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      SB:
      $1.99
      Hero:
      $2.14

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.42) A:spade: , 4:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.2, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.42

Now thing is, I haven't flopped the trips, but what's JJo hand like on this flop? I don't know where I stand with it next to A on flop.
      In scenario like this, when you have JJ and are hoping to hit trips, when you don't, how should you continue to play post-flop with it?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      For me his min bet on the flop says either he hit hard and is scared of chasing you away, or he missed completely and is scared of losing any more $.

He 3bet you from the sb so either the A is great for him or it is horrible for him just as it is you. From his side you raised from MP and called a 3bet. You therefore probably don't have AA or KK but could easily have AK as could he.

I would either raise to 2/3 pot and expect him to call and then him to check/fold the turn, or with the huge pot odds a call of his min bet could be ok - it gets you a free turn card, allows you to possibly get to showdown cheaply if he min bets again, and if he has the goods he will probably bet big on the turn.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I like how you played this.

His 3-bet is really small and you have position so calling is fine.

Without reads or any reason to think the SB could be 3-betting light, I think we should put the SB on a pretty standard value 3-bet range of JJ+, AQ+, all of which now has you crushed.

If you continue in the hand, it is basically because you plan to turn your hand into a bluff and try to get him off QQ or KK which, I think, is a bad idea at NL2.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I'm assuming his turn bet was 0.20 rather than 0.02, by the way.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello eXtremeACE,

You likely trying to hit the set or overpair. But without it I usually just fold it and don't try anything fancy like on this flop.

Best regards.