Up up up!

• miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Hello!

First, I'm a student from Slovenia and I'm seriously playing poker for 1 year.
      Second, I've started with 50$ and somehow I managed not to go broke despite all of the mistakes I made that time(BRM). When I read some articles and watch some videos I started to get a feeling what's poker all about(it isn't that big a deal to fold trash and value bet when you have it on NL10..I needed some time to get that :rolleyes: ). I had like 35 BI for NL10 SH and I and a few friends created a workgroup. I was playing NL50 after 2 months already and NL100 after 3... summer... vacations, party, vacation, party, party, party,... I was playing poker like 5 hours in entire week. Last 2 months I started to educate myself, I've read and watched a lot of stuff ( AAAA LOOOOOTTT) I was beating NL50 SH with no problemo on ongame but I allways admired Rush poker... I start playing NL25, 50 SH but they don't respect any fold equity and I was so confused all the time so I started playing FR. It's going pretty good..
      Third, I've decided to start writting a blog because of THIS.

1st graph here:

I hope you will enjoy my posts, despite my bad English :)

Good luck!
  • 11 replies
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze

I really don't know what's happening.. Every time the same thing. I start OK with the non-sd line and then.. you can see it by yourself
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Hey!

It's almost March and I'm done with February.

Here's my graph of total hands on NL25 FR:

I've analyzed my game in first few thousand hands and I'm playing a winning poker again. That red line is so sexy :)
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Ah finally found your blog mate! I'll be definitely observing this blog of yours, especially keeping attention to your BB/100 :D
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Hey,

I had hard 1st day of the month yesterday. I think I felt a little bit pressure because I've said that I was going to have 8bb/100 this month and my game was based on fast results which of course didn't come.. I barely came back from in the evening -4bi by playing NL50. Then I've made some mistakes again because of my impatience, F*CK! I was so mad... I went through my game, and through some vids on the internet this morning.. I've decided to play NL50 from now on because it's difficult for me to play 5hrs/day just to gain 500 points(Iron man & Black card). I have BR for NL100 so there's no problem and I think I just have to adapt to new dynamics at Rush and I must not RUSH! I'm playing just 3 tables from now on or maybe even 2 so I can think about hands and I'll be watching Rush vids everyday, so basicly I'm going back to basics of poker. I don't want to have 8bb/100 I just want to play a winning poker again :)

I've noticed that I didn't set any goals for this month:

- play 100k hands (I was shocked when I saw a guy with 1,5bb/100 and a lot of winnings in $$$ because of his volume that month)

- play a winning poker!

- watch as many vids you can(at least 1 per a day) and write down conclusions

- Iron man

- Diamond status
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miakes
      (I was shocked when I saw a guy with 1,5bb/100 and a lot of winnings in $$$ because of his volume that month)
      And who might that be? :rolleyes: =)

Otherwise good luck mate, and I hope you're planning to do a lot of sweat sessions and hand review with the other mate who plays NL50 FR Rush ;)
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Long time no see.. I've managed to adapt to FR Rush pokaa.. finally. My red line is good too. I've lost all my hands so I have them just from friday night.. The whole month was really bad at AI situations, but it's getting better.

Goals:

- play 100k hands I think I'm not going to reach it. I'm around 70k :heart:

- play a winning poker! Done. :club:

- watch as many vids you can(at least 1 per a day) and write down conclusions Doing it aaaaaall the time. :club:

- Iron man Almost there. :diamond:

- Diamond status Can't do it on NL25. :heart:

Here's my graph.. that's all I've got :(

Despite of the fact, that I won't reach Diamond status and 100k hands I'm feeling really good about this month. Last 3 weeks I wasn't tilting at all, not even 1 BI. I simply quit when I feel something is getting hotter and hotter in me. I'm watching a lot of vids these days, that's why I improved my game so much. I could say that I've watched like 15 videos, each at least twice.

I'm moving up when I'm going to have at least 100k hands saved on my comp on NL25. I've tried NL50 again when I needed points :) I run reaaaaaaaaaallllyyyy bad, top set vs FD twice in like 100 hands(wtf?). I just hope this run continues, I can expect some 4 or 5 bi swings but I hope that's going to be all!
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      1 more thing. I really envy all Americans!! So many fish after midnight but I'm almost allways exhausted after the whole day. I'm thinking about sleeping 20.00-23.00 and 3.00-9.00 :D
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Hey, March is over and I really hate myself for saying this but I started playing on NL50 and my nonsd line really sucks. It's understandable because I don't have much hands on villains but still I could do better.. I've done some stupid c/r against 70bb opponents where it's obv that he is the fish and I really shouldn't bluff them.

Here's the graph of hands I have for this month. I've reached Iron man, it's cool :)

March 2011 NL25 and NL50 a little bit
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      f*ck NL50.. I'm making profit but still I'm under EV!! Last month 10 BI in just 10k and there were so many set ups against fish(set vs overpar, 6 times wtf).. This month is like this:

I'm not freaking out just because of that profit I made despite that EV.

(Maybe I'm hot when it comes to hidden EV)
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze

still slighty under EV but ok, there's a lot of profit :)
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      Hey boys and girls.

I've been playing NL50 whole May. Since I have 4bb/100 despite under EV run on NL50 I've decided to try NL100. I was pretty successful and now I'm mixing NL50 and NL100.

Last month:

I'm 6BIs up on NL100 in 5k hands so I guess I run good..or not - people do a lot of unlogical things this month against me :D