Will you be playing Pokers Stars Anniversary Sunday Million?

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      upcoming 6th march is 5th anniversary of the sunday million. and it will be 5M guaranteed + Lamborghini Gallardo for winner. From what i've seen the car is about $200-250k. The buyin is only $215 and winner gets atleast a million.

So my question is.. who will be playing this?

(It looks alot better then it is really. cause last year they did the same with 4M guarantee and the prize pool reached 7.2M. So considering that 5M guaranteed isn't really all that high. The added value is 99% sure to be only the car. Despite that.. this will probably still be the 3rd largest tournament prize pool in the history of online poker. [1st and 2nd around 10M prize pools])

some info below from pokerstars

Play the Biggest Ever Sunday Million: $1,000,000 First Prize!

The PokerStars Sunday Million is celebrating its 5th Anniversary, and we’re marking the occasion by bumping up the prize pool like never before. On Sunday, March 6 at 16:30 ET, the biggest weekly poker tournament anywhere online will be bigger than ever. Here’s what you can expect:

$5,000,000 guaranteed prize pool
        $1,000,000 guaranteed first place prize money
        Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 for the winner

As always, the direct buy-in is $215, but you can also turn $1 into $1,000,000 with our special satellite qualifier tournaments. On March 6 at 15:30 ET we’ll be awarding a guaranteed 1,000 seats in a special $11 turbo super satellite, with feeder satellites into it from $1.

Don’t miss your chance to be part of poker history and play for a share of possibly the largest-ever Sunday Million prize pool, one of the biggest online prizes ever awarded, and the chance to drive away in a beautiful brand new black Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4!

How to Play the Sunday Million 5th Anniversary Tournament

The special Sunday Million event takes place at 16:30 ET on Sunday, March 6. You can buy-in directly for $215 or win your seat via one of the hundreds of satellites running now from only $1 or 100 Frequent Player Points (FPPs). You can also purchase a ticket for the event for 13,500 FPPs via the VIP Store.

To buy-in directly or register for a satellite, open the PokerStars lobby, click ‘Tourney’ & ‘Special’.

Please Note: There is no cash alternative for the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. If the tournament winner chooses not to take the car, it will be awarded to the 2nd place finisher, and so on..

link: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/sunday-anniversary/

personally. if i can grind $215 in the next 9 days i will be participating eventhough that's more then my current bankroll.
  • 32 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      The car: black Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

• cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

If u dont want the car it will be passed to the 2nd player.....how the hell to refuse this car? >O.o<
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cojonel

[
      If u dont want the car it will be passed to the 2nd player.....how the hell to refuse this car? >O.o<

LOL. even though.. in alot or some countries you will still need to pay a hefty amount of taxes to receive the car + shipping costs.. + big insurance if you keep it.. So it could actualy be quite the money drain. But even then it's probably still very +EV to just take and sell it..

I'd personally keep it, bribe my way to a drivers license and the next time i meet with friends i will show up in the lamborghini :f_thumbsup:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze

Probably the same pretend treehuggers that drive a prius
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

[

LOL. even though.. in alot or some countries you will still need to pay a hefty amount of taxes to receive the car + shipping costs.. + big insurance if you keep it.. So it could actualy be quite the money drain. But even then it's probably still very +EV to just take and sell it..

I'd personally keep it, bribe my way to a drivers license and the next time i meet with friends i will show up in the lamborghini :f_thumbsup:
      I'd turn it down, O/U of getting kidnapped with a car like that is 2 hours.

@topic: I'm playing, I'm looking forward to keep my non cashing streak on the sunday million
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      if i can grind $215 in the next 9 days i will be participating eventhough that's more then my current bankroll.
      Are you serious? Why would you do this?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      ship it ship it guys :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Trying to satellite into it for as little as possible :D Although I could just buy a ticket with my FPPs. Also got 5% of a few mates who have already satellited into it, one of them came 12 in it the other week and cashed last week as well. High hopes :D
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      if i can grind $215 in the next 9 days i will be participating eventhough that's more then my current bankroll.
      Are you serious? Why would you do this?
      I'm a bit of a gambler. i don't care about poker money. i only care about playing well. I don't care much for brm anyway. but i do follow some sort of brm. I mean i feel like my skill vs my br is very large difference(as in my skill is way higher then the stakes i play). So i only see it as a matter of time that i have decent brm. it's just that this tournament is at a rather unfortunate time since i just came back to grinding poker seriously.

I think i can make it easily honestly. $215 grinding $10 hu's in 9 days is definetly something i think i can achieve. I'm also quite confident in my game. And while i may not be one of the best players or even top 5-10% i think overall there will be many fishes and i will have a good ROI if i played this tournament 10k times for example.

basicaly if you would ask me to take a bet and i have 70% chance to win for half my bankroll i'd instacall you on it :D

(i should note though. I play for little money. if i were playing for thousands of dollars i wouldn't care so little about it probably and follow better brm. :D )
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      This was actualy a serious thread.. I really want to know who else is playing :D and i'll probably rail some of you if i don't achieve the necessary bankroll to play or go busto :D

So who's playing? :f_p:
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      I'll probably play it,.

It's way out of BRM, but i'm like whateva.

just this once tho.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      I will play if my friend really stake me like he said he would :)

50/50 profit free entrance, can't say no to that :D
    • FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      yes
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varune
      I'll probably play it,.

It's way out of BRM, but i'm like whateva.

just this once tho.

That's the spirit! :D Ofcourse i wouldn't recommend doing what i plan to do :f_biggrin:
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I will be playing.

Good luck to all!
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Question now is "who will be playing 6th anniversary mil?"

$2 to qualify, I hope. This will be my first big-buy in tournament, and hopefully my first >1k cash

:s_biggrin:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey,

wow you went back some time to bump this bad boy :D

I wont be playing myself but glglgl gogogo to those who do
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I raged when i opened the thread, thought i had missed it :(

inb4 im a millionaire
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      spent 47.53 on 5 rebuy sat's got ticket and 12$, now just ship the sunday mill :f_biggrin: