My Life Be Like Ooh-Aah

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Introduction
      *Drumroll Please*
      Hey, Welcome to my blog! After playing poker for fun over long period of time, I finally felt it's a time to give it a chance for real.

My name is Stefan and I'm 18 years old. I've first started playing poker when I was 13 or so, but it was really just for fun, didn't have clues about what position even is (LOL) and important things like that one. I've been playing some local tournaments both cash and SnGs in the past, and had a few winnings, but nothing major.

Why do I think online poker is good for me?
      1. I'm really patient person, that's just the way I am, so that can't be bad :)
      2. I really like to learn things (Could help me perfect my game).
      3. I'm just 18 years old, don't have a job, have a LOT of FREE time.
      Once my play starts to get profitable, I can really pump the hands per day to enormous quantities. :P

Present
      I'm now learning NL BSS strategy and am playing on NL2 over FTP platform. My main goal is to, of course, learn it as best as I can, and try to be a profitable player in the end. I've been playing a day and a half, nearly 500 hands.

As you can see, I'm 2.4$ down. I've made a few (pricey!) mistakes, which I learned now not to do again, and really haven't been dealt that good cards either. I can't remember getting AA,KK,QQ really.

Next on my list
      I'm really need to work on my post-flop game, since I truly believe I'm doing good with pre-flop game. I'm also working on controlling my emotions, trying to look at poker as one big game. Still haven't read the bronze articles, since I didn't want to confuse myself with too much information before getting a few hundreds hands under my belt, but now is a time I guess. :P

Oh, and I really believe starting hands chart is too rigorous for NL2, it is just silly how players are generally passive and calling stations.

What drives me?

Just kidding!.. Or am I? :D

Feel free to leave a comment, or ask me anything you want.
      Hopefully this blog will be one of those "successful" ones over time. :)
  • 1 reply
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Update #1
      I spend a few hours looking at my post-flop play.. Seen some mistakes, others were just bad beats, I think. I mean, most of those downwards spikes you can see on my graph are lost by playing top cards, like AA,KK,QQ,AK.

I also believe it's better (at least for me) to learn one thing at a time, but learn it without mistakes, then to learn a bit out of everything. That's why I've only read a "After the Flop - You Have Initiative"so far, since that's what I'll be mostly after flop being tight-aggressive player. I'll read the next ones, when I am absolutely confident with this one.

I've also played some more hands, and chart look like this:

I've also noticed that I don't really pay attention to players next to me. I mean, sure after 500 or so hands, I somehow have a feeling that this guy will probably call, and the one next to him is super tight and will often fold. But seriously, that's it. I don't even try to put them on any range cards. Why? Well first, this is a micro limit, people play all kind of garbage, it's hard to put them onto anything (except few regulars). Second, my main goal right now is to learn to play BSS profitable and then start multitabling, since while multitabling I can't watch every player closely.

I want to grind, want to see my self open 6 tables and just play it. Sure, If I lose a few EV here and there by not having reads, fine, I just want to have +EV.

Is that fine? Or am I totally wrong, and should try to read people etc..