Question regarding playing at friends house

• elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Hey if my friend has a FTP account and wants to do the miniftops with me at my house.. is this violating any terms of FTP?

So we have two separate accounts and he wants to come over to play on his account and we both will enter. I just want to clerify so i don't violate any rules.

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I think it'd probably cause some issue, in consideration towards collusion.

Your best bet to carry through with these plans would be an email to full tilt support and ask them, but I don't think you'll get much luck mate.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      there is a good chance it wont work unless the computers are on different IP addresses. FT won't let two join from the same ip address
    • elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Oh i thoguh that was just for Ring tables.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi elmntdark

It is such a huge player pool, it should not be an issue. But jsut for peace of mind contact fulltilt support and explain them the situation and wait for an answer before inviting your pal. Last thing you wnat is your account and your funds blocked.

Regards

Thazar
    • elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Ok i will do that, thanks everyone
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Regardless of what others may say here, you run a huge risk, unless Full Tilt says it is OK.

Even then, it is just as important to APPEAR to be honest as it is to be honest.

Just knowing that two friends are playing the same tournament from the same room -- even on different computers -- gives the appearance that collusion would at the very least be a temptation.

For this reason almost all poker rooms do their best to prevent this.

There is a perception out there that on-line poker is "fixed" because of just what you descrbe.

What are you and your friend going to do if you end up at the final table?
      What are you and your friend going to do if you end up at any table where one of you has to bust the other out?

Far better for everyone if you both stay home.

If ANYONE playing with you gets the idea that there is hanky-panky going on, and lays a complaint, you will have no chance to defend yourselves.

Be safe.

--Vorpal
    • elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Thanks yeah no worries I probably won't anymore.