This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker. From my start.

• napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      Hi eveybody.
      My poker career started at expekt.com poker. They had great 500 freerolls daily and I played in them for about 3-4 months in a row. After a while I started to win, but I went broke with the dollar I won soon. I continued playing and won some more and decided to buy in to a 1 dollar rebuy tourney with my pokerwinnings(had exactly the buy in of 1 + 0.1 i think)
      The tournament had abit over 100 players, and i managed to win the whole tourney and 100 dollars. After a couple of days I went broke and was pretty frustrated. I stopped playing for a while but after a month I was back.
      I got some dollars from a friends and started to play SnG's and managed to win acctually. I build up a bankroll on about 50 dollars from the 10 I got and leared much. but ofcourse i had to go broke.

I had gained some experience and started to play on Ladbrokes for the 1000 freeroll they used to launch every day. I managed to come 3rd out of 4000 or something like that and won 50 dollars. I lost and won small on the cashgames acctually using a strategy I made myself that is very likely to the SSS here. I was down to about 40 dollars and registeded in a 20rebuy tourney(I didnt know what a bankroll management was ^^).
      This was my last shot to build up a good bankroll.

The tourney had 225 players and had a guarantee of $8000(after addon about 11000). I played pretty tight and was one of the lowstacks when we were on the bubble with 31 remaining. And I got on a biiiig run winning alot of chips. I reached the final table and had the $3108 on sight.
      I got aces and kings and every kind of good hand on the final table and got heads up with one third of the total chips. But I doubled up very fast and got JJ and beat my opponments 22 and won the whole tourney.

Sadly I was a reeeeeally bad player at that moment and I lost every single cent on big cashgames with the sharks.
      I thought it really sucked, but still I havnt used my own money.

The last 4-5 months after my loss I have played at pokerstars investing some own money but cashed out more than I have deposited. I have studied poker learning videos and read some pokerbooks.

I had been registered for a long time on pokerstrategy and found out now was the time to take the quiz and get some free money. I registered on the full tilt bonus and started playing. I really enjoy it!

I have been reading and watching SnG winning players videos and I now have a avg profit on $2 :) Thnx for this great site and great articles.
  • 7 replies
    • napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      sorry for my bad english btw ^^ I was not really good at anything else than maths on school :P
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      Your english is fine :) Wow, that is an amazing result with that tournament, if only you knew about bankroll management when you had that $3K+ :D Anyways, goodluck with your poker studies and i hope you continue to win :)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi napalmx,

Nice read! I hope i'll learn a lot here. Now i guess you already understood what BRM is. Use proper bankroll management, you'll succeed in the long run ;)

Happy New Year & good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Nice read, "lovely" story. But at least you learned it the hard way :P

And your english is very good actually.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Human's greed is endless :)

Come on, you have won more than 3 thousand dollars and you didn't withdraw at least 2 thousand of them? Bearing in mind that you have begun with less than 50 dollars, 3 thousand is quite an amount :)

I feel pity for you, I hope it doesn't happen again, but for low rollers like me for example winning 3 thousand dollars aren't an everyday event :)

GL and thing pragmatically next time you win :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Human's greed is endless :)

Come on, you have won more than 3 thousand dollars and you didn't withdraw at least 2 thousand of them? Bearing in mind that you have begun with less than 50 dollars, 3 thousand is quite an amount :)

I feel pity for you, I hope it doesn't happen again, but for low rollers like me for example winning 3 thousand dollars aren't an everyday event :)

GL and think pragmatically next time you win :)
    • napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      Yeah if I only knew about that :P
      Thnx mishh06

Yeah I think I have figured that out thunderbird56 :D
      Those 3000 lasted only for about a month :P
      And when I look back I have realised what a bad player I was(to play on those limits I did)
      Thnx alot happy new year and good luck to you too :)

Yeah, someone have to learn it this way too :P
      I have acctually reffered som friends here, and I'm helping them to don't make the same mistakes that I did =)
      Thnx Yoghi

Yeah... The first night I played with my money I won like 400 more instantly on cashgames and I thought this was the beginning of a biiig win :P
      But ofcourse I did just get lucky on my coinflip allins and soon I started to lose and didnt care about it, couse my bankroll was so big anyway
      And it just shriked and shrinked till I had like 500 left, I took everything in on a 3/6 game and lost it pretty fast :p That was a pretty bad day ^^
      Thnx finchybg, I will ( I'm going to cash out for sure) ^^