Poker. From my start.

• napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      Hi eveybody.
      My poker career started at expekt.com poker. They had great 500 freerolls daily and I played in them for about 3-4 months in a row. After a while I started to win, but I went broke with the dollar I won soon. I continued playing and won some more and decided to buy in to a 1 dollar rebuy tourney with my pokerwinnings(had exactly the buy in of 1 + 0.1 i think)
      The tournament had abit over 100 players, and i managed to win the whole tourney and 100 dollars. After a couple of days I went broke and was pretty frustrated. I stopped playing for a while but after a month I was back.
      I got some dollars from a friends and started to play SnG's and managed to win acctually. I build up a bankroll on about 50 dollars from the 10 I got and leared much. but ofcourse i had to go broke.

I had gained some experience and started to play on Ladbrokes for the 1000 freeroll they used to launch every day. I managed to come 3rd out of 4000 or something like that and won 50 dollars. I lost and won small on the cashgames acctually using a strategy I made myself that is very likely to the SSS here. I was down to about 40 dollars and registeded in a 20rebuy tourney(I didnt know what a bankroll management was ^^).
      This was my last shot to build up a good bankroll.

The tourney had 225 players and had a guarantee of $8000(after addon about 11000). I played pretty tight and was one of the lowstacks when we were on the bubble with 31 remaining. And I got on a biiiig run winning alot of chips. I reached the final table and had the $3108 on sight.
      I got aces and kings and every kind of good hand on the final table and got heads up with one third of the total chips. But I doubled up very fast and got JJ and beat my opponments 22 and won the whole tourney.

Sadly I was a reeeeeally bad player at that moment and I lost every single cent on big cashgames with the sharks.
      I thought it really sucked, but still I havnt used my own money.

The last 4-5 months after my loss I have played at pokerstars investing some own money but cashed out more than I have deposited. I have studied poker learning videos and read some pokerbooks.

I had been registered for a long time on pokerstrategy and found out now was the time to take the quiz and get some free money. I registered on the full tilt bonus and started playing. I really enjoy it!

I have been reading and watching SnG winning players videos and I now have a avg profit on $2 :) Thnx for this great site and great articles.
  • 7 replies
    • napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      sorry for my bad english btw ^^ I was not really good at anything else than maths on school :P
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      Your english is fine :) Wow, that is an amazing result with that tournament, if only you knew about bankroll management when you had that $3K+ :D Anyways, goodluck with your poker studies and i hope you continue to win :)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi napalmx,

Nice read! I hope i'll learn a lot here. Now i guess you already understood what BRM is. Use proper bankroll management, you'll succeed in the long run ;)

Happy New Year & good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Nice read, "lovely" story. But at least you learned it the hard way :P

And your english is very good actually.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Human's greed is endless :)

Come on, you have won more than 3 thousand dollars and you didn't withdraw at least 2 thousand of them? Bearing in mind that you have begun with less than 50 dollars, 3 thousand is quite an amount :)

I feel pity for you, I hope it doesn't happen again, but for low rollers like me for example winning 3 thousand dollars aren't an everyday event :)

GL and thing pragmatically next time you win :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Human's greed is endless :)

Come on, you have won more than 3 thousand dollars and you didn't withdraw at least 2 thousand of them? Bearing in mind that you have begun with less than 50 dollars, 3 thousand is quite an amount :)

I feel pity for you, I hope it doesn't happen again, but for low rollers like me for example winning 3 thousand dollars aren't an everyday event :)

GL and think pragmatically next time you win :)
    • napalmx
      napalmx
      Bronze
      Yeah if I only knew about that :P
      Thnx mishh06

Yeah I think I have figured that out thunderbird56 :D
      Those 3000 lasted only for about a month :P
      And when I look back I have realised what a bad player I was(to play on those limits I did)
      Thnx alot happy new year and good luck to you too :)

Yeah, someone have to learn it this way too :P
      I have acctually reffered som friends here, and I'm helping them to don't make the same mistakes that I did =)
      Thnx Yoghi

Yeah... The first night I played with my money I won like 400 more instantly on cashgames and I thought this was the beginning of a biiig win :P
      But ofcourse I did just get lucky on my coinflip allins and soon I started to lose and didnt care about it, couse my bankroll was so big anyway
      And it just shriked and shrinked till I had like 500 left, I took everything in on a 3/6 game and lost it pretty fast :p That was a pretty bad day ^^
      Thnx finchybg, I will ( I'm going to cash out for sure) ^^