[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, JJ overpair, dry board, big aggression

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 15/13/3.9 during 724 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($8.88)
      BB ($11.06)
      Hero (UTG) ($20.38)
      MP ($10.45)
      CO ($9.80)
      Button ($13.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, J
      Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 3, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6.65 (All-In), Hero ???

Well the opponent seems to be good TAG (at least his stats says so), and probably I would fold on the flop most of the time suspecting a set, but... I checked his raise flop cbet stats, and it was 27% - well that changes the situation as this appears his usual move. Moreover his fold to flop cbet is 36% which is also really low, so I decided that this guy likes to outplay his opponents by showing some aggression. So lets call and see what happens. Turn is pretty much blank as I might already be way behind, and he bets small-ish, definitely call. And the river comes pretty much blank, I don't see a point shoving myself as only better hands will probably call, so I check and get his shove. Hmm, that's pretty interesting, he might have a fh, also it might be smth like A8s, or 99-TT since he likes to fight on the flop. But anyways, what do we do here?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

There are actually few reason why I might even like Bet/Fold on flop better, although it might look sometimes weak against that kind of maniac who raises a lot of CBets.
      1) He is doing that vs UTG range, which he has to think of being pretty strong, would be different story if we would likely CO/BU vs blinds or something similar.
      2) There aren't many draws with he is raising there, rather is a value-range more often.

Therefore I guess I'd just Bet/Fold it on flop and wait for better spot against him but as you Called the flop then I am going likely to the showdown with the hand and let him continue his bluffs.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And he was actually bluffing here with :club: K :club: Q. I made a crying call on the river. This was one of the most confusing hands in the last weeks... I see more and more TAG (and even looking nitty) players performing crazy bluffs like this.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And he was actually bluffing here with :club: K :club: Q. I made a crying call on the river. This was one of the most confusing hands in the last weeks... I see more and more TAG (and even looking nitty) players performing crazy bluffs like this.
      As I said, if you Calling the flop then there is no way you can fold anywhere between turn or river, then it means you are going to catch his bluff and going to showdown. You have to decide either to fold it right on flop or go till end.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And if I decide to go for showdown - is the passive way ok, or would it be better to shove myself at some point?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And if I decide to go for showdown - is the passive way ok, or would it be better to shove myself at some point?
      There is no point to bet since they just will fold worse hands and Call with better ones while they could still shove with worse, therefore just let him continue.