Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10
      Hero:
      $10,24

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 4:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) Q:diamond: , J:heart: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,8, CO calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,75) A:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,75) K:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $2, Hero raises to $6,00, CO raises to $8,70 (All-In), Hero calls $2,70.

Final Pot: $20,15

Preflop: Usualy I'm overlimping small suited A from BU, but since CO is poster I think raising is better here.

Flop: Standard cbet with nut FD

Turn: TP without kicker. I decided to check behind for pot control, bluff induce on river and free card. Is this OK?

River: Nothing much to say.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Checking back the turn is likely fine for the given reason that he might have hard time Calling with a lot worse and as well we might face a Check/Raise against we sometimes might even consider folding be better. Otherwise I'd just shove on river over his bet, if he is going to Call the bigger bet then as well he is capable of Calling the shove.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      From my experience (and it's not big) fishes usualy fold to shove, and if I leave them with $1 or $2 they shove themelves with bad hands. I don't know if that is coincidence in my case because, as I said, my experience is not big, but also I watched NL50 SH free video on CardRunners and that coatch said as well, that in these spots he always leave them few bucks because then they call lighter and shove lighter. Like, when you're against a reg you should always shove for max value, because it doesnt' make any difference for a reg, and if you're against a fish, then, for some reason, they don't see you that strong. Do you have any opinion on this?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Somehow it's true but if you ask yourself, like is he ever going to fold his Tx here or is he rather shoving with Tx vs your that kind of raise as you did?

And as well is he rather Calling with 2pairs or shoving with them?

Or if he has the flush there how does he pay you more? Only reasonable hand I really see him shoving is a flush here, I very rarely expect him to shove with a lot worse, I just don't see.

I guess most of the time the cases are true that raising smaller might make him Call like only 1pair of hands but I'd say as well that they are just sooo damn bad there that I really expect in this situation really no big different, either we do it $6 or $8,70. He will often Call us with Tx and maybe even with 2pairs and of course with weaker flushes.

He had there weaker flush?

And if you put yourself into reg spot and you would get shoved from a reg is somehow reasonable player and not that aggressive, do you really think that he would shove there with like bluff? I would like never consider it, and more often if I would have the decision being against reg and having such a Call to make, I'd like always put him here on a nut-flush unless I have some other reads on him.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Yep, weak flush, like 8 high!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Yep, weak flush, like 8 high!
      And I guess that's the only hand which he would raise you there, that's the problem. :( While he still will likely most of the time Call with Tx there, even if we shove.