opinions and advice please

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      looking for some advice. i blew my $50 within a week, i know i never studied enough and it was my own fault.
      i managed to read alot of the BSS but my status has been reset so can no longer study. i deposited my own money and have been playing with it for 3 months. im -$10 but my expected EV is break even. im just looking for advice on how to improve and also if my 3 month sample is enough to say wether im a break even player or not?

• 11 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Come back after 50k hands
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Im assuming your single tabling atm if it took you 3months to play 3000 hands? It could well be that boredom is causing you to play too many hands or make you too attached to hands like AK postflop when it misses. I would suggest playing more tables, 2 or 3 to begin with so you can really pick better spots without getting bored. Also post hands you are unsure about in the hand posting section and you will get good advice which will help you with your game.
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Post stats not graph, this graph dont show anything (just that you are bad player).
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      appologies. here are my stats. if you need any more just let em know:

VP$IP | PFR | AFq | Hands
      25.39 | 13.89 | 58.52 | 3,628
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      What do you play, 6max cash? What is your AF (not AFq)?
      It looks you like to call too much, try to make your vpip/pfr stats smth like 19/16 - 17/15. Try to call as little as possible, that will reduce the amount of nasty spots dramatically. And practice, practice, practice... 3k hands is nothing, some people play more hands in one session :)
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      looking for some advice. i blew my $50 within a week, i know i never studied enough and it was my own fault.
      i managed to read alot of the BSS but my status has been reset so can no longer study. i deposited my own money and have been playing with it for 3 months. im -$10 but my expected EV is break even. im just looking for advice on how to improve and also if my 3 month sample is enough to say wether im a break even player or not?

You cant get rich by reading 1 article or 1 book\once you have read everything you will then have taken the first step.
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      appologies. here are my stats. if you need any more just let em know:

VP$IP | PFR | AFq | Hands
      25.39 | 13.89 | 58.52 | 3,628
      If you playing 6 max micro NL2-NL5 VPIP to high pfr is ok agfq to high.
      If you want coaching you can add me and we talk if we could make good deal for both of us.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      It looks you like to call too much, try to make your vpip/pfr stats smth like 19/16 - 17/15. Try to call as little as possible,

Please don't make such stupid suggestions to people. Okay he is a beginner, but telling him how to become a nit is not a good advice.

But yeah my normal session is 5k hands so the 2nd part is ok.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Huh? I think Bliausmas' advice was fine. He IS limping too much, and he WOULD benefit from tightening his limping range and bringing his VPIP and PFR stats closer together.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I agree with wriggers, the advice is good.
      Also, if you are struggling to keep your money at 6max, go to full ring and get the starting hand charts from here. It may sound a bit baby-ish to use starting hand starts and play really tight and stuff, but it works. But hey, that's not poker like what I see on tv and stuff! Agree, but then that's professionals playing for $50 000 pots, not amateurs playing for 60c pots. :)
      Watch the vids of coaching on here, post hands as k ask ask ask ask if in any doubt. Remember there are no stupid questions....er...welll...:) Attend live coahings, those guys are great; and again, ask ask ask.
      I find it hard to believe anyone can go broke if they follow the advice on here, starting with say the $50, it could happen of course, but most likely you will be playing $50 to sit down in no time. :)

GL.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      1. dont learn everything that you find here.
      2. learn only the basic/bronze stuff and understand them, read it as many times you need it, if you do, u wont have that much vpip, and also you wont play SH because you are not prepared for SH. Play FR, and switch to SH once you beat FR over a good sample size, 40k at least (start multitabling at least 4-5tables)
      3. dont have any emotions to AK AQ KQ KJ or whatever hands you like alot...

imo starting SH as an absolute beginner is a mistake, you cannot be prepared for it...