[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Top two vs. likely flush

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 19/16/1.6 during 306 hands, fold to flop cbet 25, fold to turn cbet 0.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($11.87)
      SB ($14.53)
      BB ($10.53)
      UTG ($11.38)
      MP ($20.65)
      Hero (CO) ($10.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 10
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1) 2, 4, A (3 players)
      SB checks, MP bets $0.67, Hero calls $0.67, SB calls $0.67

Turn: ($3.01) 10 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50, 1 fold

River: ($6.01) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero ???

Preflop: What about the call? Is it justifiable to call with possibly dominated hand here? I would probably fold ATo in this spot, but since I had position and suited hand, I decided to give it a try.

Flop: Since I called preflop, it would be just stupid to fold it now, so call and see what happens.

Turn: Bet 2$ would be better I guess, if not more?

River: A flush is pretty much written on the opponent's forehead, isn't it?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Depends how does he play postflop and if you are capable of overplaying him? How often does he go to showdown and so on. But it's doable.
      Flop: Seems to be fine.
      Turn: I'd bet a bit bigger ~$2,20.
      River: And yes, likely. After his line Check/Call flop & also Check/Call turn, he will very often have the flush. I am folding this.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well actually I don't try to overplay my opponents too much as I find it not worthy at NL10, I rather try to stick to value betting. I believe that's enough for this limit, but maybe no?
      And I managed to find a fold this time, so no results :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Well actually I don't try to overplay my opponents too much as I find it not worthy at NL10, I rather try to stick to value betting. I believe that's enough for this limit, but maybe no?
      And I managed to find a fold this time, so no results :D
      Definitely do that, I'd say even in long run you should rather win money than loose with such Calls. :) Good luck on tables!
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Thank you! :)