Looking for some advice....

• itzafro
      itzafro
      Bronze
      Hey, I have had my $50 starting capital and got off to a good start but started being stupid and busted out. I think i can safely say i have learnt my lesson.

Basically I am looking to start playing again by depositing $25 on FTP (although i am open to trying out other sites if they are more suitable) and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what approach i should take to building my bankroll, like stakes, game types and strategys.

Hope you can help. Thanks! :)
  • 4 replies
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      I would suggest you larger deposit. At least 50$. 100$ is much better. It gives you comfort on micros and you can be almost 100% sure you won't go busto if you play correctly.
      Start at lowest stakes and don't go up until you beat the limit. Choose the game type you like the most, everything is beatable at micro limits. SNG - worse players, high variance, Cash games - slightly better opponents, lower variance
      Never bluff (you don't need to), play tight and agressive, use conservative BRM. And ofc. read Pokerstrategy articles, watch videos, discuss hands...

This should do the trick.
    • itzafro
      itzafro
      Bronze
      Okay thanks for the help :) . Just one thing what is classified as "beating the limits"? Basically when i should move up the limits? If i do that well :D
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      Originally posted by itzafro
      Okay thanks for the help :) . Just one thing what is classified as "beating the limits"? Basically when i should move up the limits? If i do that well :D
      Well... I'd say you beat the limit when you make profit over a significant hand sample, when you're confident about your moves, you have no problem with evaluating your hands and you understand all your moves (you always know why you raised, called etc.).
      Imho if you have all this and have enough BIs for next limit you can move up.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks FaulV16ke for your answers.

You will get a first deposit bonus on Full Tilt Poker and will receive rakeback by making a deposit. For further information have a look here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/full-tilt-poker/free50/

Good luck on the tables
      Hannes