How ddo you decide when to withdraw money

• 29 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I believe there's an article about this somewhere in the strategy forums, advanced bankroll management or something similar. Basically i withdraw the money only if I need it (run out of money on my bank account, need to pay the bills etc.). I don't withdraw it to buy something I don't really need (new clothes etc.)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      When you feel the doomswitch is comming.. that's when you cashout and move down stakes.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      NightFrostaSS withdraws when he pleases
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi, I play mainly cash tables and rarely withdraw the profits from that side of my game unless some seriously pressing need in the real world arises. I also play MTTs and will sometimes withdraw a % of a win (if I get a 1st place or a decent size cash) so that I can have some cash separate to my BR for any particular site. That could be anywhere from 10 - 60% depending on the size of the win and my reason for withdrawing.

I operate seperate BRs for each site and if I need to deposit somewhare to claim a bonus or gain entry into a decent value freeroll or similar I then have that cash separate which allows me to do that.

I could just leave the cash where I won it and use it to boost my roll to allow me to move up limits more quickly, however I see this as a potentially -ev move as I prefer to move up limits when I have "earned" my way there on the cash tables. This way I only move up when I not only feel I am ready but have also earned the roll to make that move on the lower limits.

Hope this helps.
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      At first, get to higher limits. I know few people (SNG players) withdraw e.g. 2% ROI regardless of results. The same can be applied to cash games. Cash out 0.5bb/100 at the end of every month.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      That's a pretty good idea konkey :)

I myself don't withdraw unless I really need it. Unfortunately, being a sking student means I do actually need it sometimes :D Atm I have more available in my Pokerstars Cashier than I do in my Bank account :p
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      if you live from your parents money, dont withdraw poker winning at all imo
      if you pay for ur living and you give ur parents money, u got no other choice then withdraw.
      its pretty simple, just at bigger cash ammounts make sure you have login with key generator so you cant get hacked.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Ye if that is anywhere near as much of an epidemic as it is in mmorpgs i better be dam careful.

Thing is if someone keylogged your account and donked it all to his other account in HU there would be absolutely nothing you could do about it

Makes those poker vids on youtube with links to strange sites for free $$$$$$ look very dodgy indeed.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I never cashed out and will never cashout ever :D i belive that if i cashout i will be hit by the doomswitch =(
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      I never cashed out and will never cashout ever :D i belive that if i cashout i will be hit by the doomswitch =(

So you play poker just for fun? Cmon now.. if you got a million sitting in your account and like $300 on your bank account don't tell me your not cashing out :D
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

So you play poker just for fun? Cmon now.. if you got a million sitting in your account and like $300 on your bank account don't tell me your not cashing out :D
      Hehe ofc but i am stuck at micros so i dont care :D + i dont need money
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      I believe there's an article about this somewhere in the strategy forums, advanced bankroll management or something similar. Basically i withdraw the money only if I need it (run out of money on my bank account, need to pay the bills etc.). I don't withdraw it to buy something I don't really need (new clothes etc.)
      new clothes > paying the bills...
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I multi-table nl4 fr 4hrs a day and have to withdraw all the time for bills etc. It sucks but that's life. I usually leave about $100 in and withdraw somewhere around 3 to 4 hundred a month.
      I don't withdraw from Party even though I think it sucks; that money is for earning P.S. points and learning only.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      new clothes > paying the bills...
      true poker players have only one pair of jeans and wash their head once a month
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Nooooo!!1

You risk the cashout curse!!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black

So basically your not cashing out because you don't make a significant amount of money, not by choice.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

So basically your not cashing out because you don't make a significant amount of money, not by choice.
      LOW BLOW but srsly just put it all on red and withdraw half. pretty easy game
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      That's a pretty good idea konkey :)

I myself don't withdraw unless I really need it. Unfortunately, being a sking student means I do actually need it sometimes :D Atm I have more available in my Pokerstars Cashier than I do in my Bank account :p
      +1
      same here
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      withdraw for new cloths? wow, thats something I would never do :) )) I mean just for new cloths ? what are you ? a blond plaza chick ?:) )