MP: $52.12
      CO: $24.08
      Hero (BTN): $29.34
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $49.79
      UTG: $26.52

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.25, fold

Flop: ($6.75, 2 players) 3:spade: K:diamond: T:diamond:
      BB bets $6.75, fold

Villian is unknown. Thought about 4-betting but without any info decided to call and play flop ip... Should this have been a raise rather than call?
  • 4 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      As you have a wide openraising range from button, BB doesn't need to have a strong hand to squeeze here. I think this is an easy 4bet/broke for you.
      Personally i don't like call with QQ even in position (except if i have a read to do so), as an overcard on the flop could make the situation very though. Plus here you still have to think about SB, if he decides to call as well, you have to play it 3way on the flop...
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks. The more I think about it the more I agree with you... It was my first shot at NL25 rush so I must've been playing scared money... Looking back, on NL10 I prob would've gone broke. And if he did show AA/KK then I could always give him a wee note...

As played is fold to pot sizing +ev? Seen it a lot on nl5/10 where people try resteal and bang out potsize raise on flop with air... Not sure about NL25 dynamics yet...

EDIT: Had some vodka so what I've said makes sense to me but sorry if I sound like an idiot...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Thanks. The more I think about it the more I agree with you... It was my first shot at NL25 rush so I must've been playing scared money... Looking back, on NL10 I prob would've gone broke. And if he did show AA/KK then I could always give him a wee note...

As played is fold to pot sizing +ev? Seen it a lot on nl5/10 where people try resteal and bang out potsize raise on flop with air... Not sure about NL25 dynamics yet...

EDIT: Had some vodka so what I've said makes sense to me but sorry if I sound like an idiot...
      lol, vodka is always good :P
      SInce BB is squeezing quite light sometimes and would stack off JJ/TT pf I like 4-betting to 7.5$ and calling shove
      Reason why should just call pf is to keep in his wide 3-betting range and stacking off overpair most flops. Since it is Kxx I think you can fold, since he is potting there for value AK and if he has AJd, AQd you´re also not that much ahead of his range.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      haha love vodka!

But thats awesome should've 4-bet... Must've been playing scared money! Thanks Kaitz20 and pcfmcc02