This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I'm taking a break!!

• CoachB
      CoachB
      Bronze
      I'm taking a break to work on my game!

I play tight like a NIT, I get blinded out.

I play tight aggressive and get spat out by variance (plus some leaks that sneak in).

These are my Mantras.

- When shoving using ICM expect to run into AA!
      - When slow playing a set of 5's expect to see runner runner kings and lose to a bigger F/H.
      - Remember it is possible for one player to get 3 flushes and trips in 8 hands! (Note a flush beats a broadway straight, both times!),
      - When you have AAA and the turn and river are 7,7 you should fold!Remember everyone calls all in after the flop with 7,7 with 3 overcards on the Board!
      - Note to self, 5xBB's is not enough to push J2o out of the hand. Expect them to flop 2 pairs!
      - When you call all in with JJ on a 7,7,8 board v 99 just get up and walk away it's less painful than seeing the 6,T you know are coming,
      - Bye the way AQ with a board of Q44 is a folding hand against any bet.
      (And how many times do I have to remember to fold Ace Rag suited on the button!).
      - The Algorithims used by on line poker sites produce random cards.
      say again The Algorithims used by on line poker sites produce random cards,
      - Just because everyone folds when you have AA in the BB doesn't mean anyone can see you cards!

See you when I get back

CB
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It does sound like you should take a break since it appears that you are concentrating on the wrong things.

When you get coolered, instead of saying, "Why does this always happen to me?" or looking for a ridiculous fold of a strong hand that would have saved you some money this time, you should focus on strategy. Ask whether you would have extracted the maximum if your opponent had a weaker hand. Ask what would have happened against that opponent on different flops. Ask whether your opponent's play was correct against your range.
    • winzsavana
      winzsavana
      Bronze
      winning cames from correct decision even many times we lost we monster hands. the buy in u play with, ur opponents skill will affect to ur decision. i play on sit n go 10+1 45 ppl on full tilt almost everyday, so i know what kind of players they are..find their leak, and get their moneys....doing very good so far.
    • CoachB
      CoachB
      Bronze
      You are both correct to focus on range and making the right decision. And that is what I am trying to do.

In all on the above hands I got my chips in while I was ahead, but "Variance" is a bit one sided at the moment. Particularly on big hands.

Today in three hands against one player, I got my chips in ahead and went from chip leader to out. eg Hero with AJs (clubs) reads weakness pre-flop pushes and gets called with 72s (spades). Hero hits J on the flop, 2 spades come out...spade on the river all over!

Against same player I go all in with top 2 pair after sensing weakness, get called with top pair and a flush draw, the last card out gives me a broadway straight and a runner, runner flush to V.

Two hands earlier i bet 5x the BB preflop with AQ on the btn and Q44 comes out I get called and eventually beaten by 43o from middle position???

Variance has not been my friend.