This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [HUNL50] TPGK on turn of drawy board, 3bet pot

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      thoughts? I am unsure about my raise size on the turn. I felt that if I raised it much bigger it would cause problems from villain shoving, while also dealing with the fact I don't want the guy to draw out on me, which I think is a huge chunk of his range when he bets out here.

villain was opening 78% of btns over 100 hand sample, so its safe to say I expect plenty of draws and piece+ draw type hands from him in this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($56.05)
      ($74.65)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:club:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart:

Hero checks, bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, bets $4.50, Hero raises to $11.50, calls $7

RIVER ($30) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $10.50, raises to $59.65 (AI), Hero calls $30.55 (AI)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello conall88,

Preflop: How does he act to 3bets? Does he 4bet a lot? Does he fold to 3bets? Does he call most of your 3bets? Although Calling is most likely the best play here.
      Flop: Actually I don't really like floating such drawy boards, rather pick some better ones. Also Check/Raising in this situation is kinda marginal for the reason that he could still trying to Call us with any kind of draw. I might even prefer just to give it up on such a drawy board while I don't have his further stats like how often does he barrel the turn and so on.

As played
      Turn: As I understand your line is totally reasonable, that you don't want to let him draw with the hand and it's totally fine. I somehow like the line with Check/Raise, although I'd raise it like $15, you just giving at the moment perfect odds to draw for anything.
      River: What's the plan with your Bet? As I understand you did it like $10 then this means it's a block-bet and with our plan would be to fold to a raise but you didn't do it. Therefore I'd ask you why did you Call it on river? Did you have any reads/stats on him what made you think that you are ahead here? Without any reads my plan is to block-bet/fold this situation. I just see us being more often behind unless we know the opponent.

Best regards.