[NL20-NL50] [HUNL50] TPGK on turn of drawy board, 3bet pot

• conall88
      thoughts? I am unsure about my raise size on the turn. I felt that if I raised it much bigger it would cause problems from villain shoving, while also dealing with the fact I don't want the guy to draw out on me, which I think is a huge chunk of his range when he bets out here.

villain was opening 78% of btns over 100 hand sample, so its safe to say I expect plenty of draws and piece+ draw type hands from him in this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($56.05)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:club:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart:

Hero checks, bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, bets $4.50, Hero raises to $11.50, calls $7

RIVER ($30) 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $10.50, raises to $59.65 (AI), Hero calls $30.55 (AI)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello conall88,

Preflop: How does he act to 3bets? Does he 4bet a lot? Does he fold to 3bets? Does he call most of your 3bets? Although Calling is most likely the best play here.
      Flop: Actually I don't really like floating such drawy boards, rather pick some better ones. Also Check/Raising in this situation is kinda marginal for the reason that he could still trying to Call us with any kind of draw. I might even prefer just to give it up on such a drawy board while I don't have his further stats like how often does he barrel the turn and so on.

As played
      Turn: As I understand your line is totally reasonable, that you don't want to let him draw with the hand and it's totally fine. I somehow like the line with Check/Raise, although I'd raise it like $15, you just giving at the moment perfect odds to draw for anything.
      River: What's the plan with your Bet? As I understand you did it like $10 then this means it's a block-bet and with our plan would be to fold to a raise but you didn't do it. Therefore I'd ask you why did you Call it on river? Did you have any reads/stats on him what made you think that you are ahead here? Without any reads my plan is to block-bet/fold this situation. I just see us being more often behind unless we know the opponent.

Best regards.